Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Check out the New Ipad Pro 10.5

This is awesome. I've been hesitating on pulling the trigger on this, not fitting in the holder was a deal breaker.

Deal unbroken! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Advexure

I have an I2 and booth the 9.7" as well as the new 10.5" iPad pro. The device holder can accommodate UP TO 170mm. (as per DJI) 9.7" is 169.5mm wide and the 10.5" is 274.1mm wide, so the 10.5 is 4.6mm wider.

Maybe you holder is wider the normal? I tried 2 different holders and they booth have to be forced apart to accept the new Pro. Not a good thing.

I have an I2 and booth the 9.7" as well as the new 10.5" iPad pro. The device holder can accommodate UP TO 170mm. (as per DJI) 9.7" is 169.5mm wide and the 10.5" is 274.1mm wide, so the 10.5 is 4.6mm wider.

Maybe you holder is wider the normal? I tried 2 different holders and they booth have to be forced apart to accept the new Pro. Not a good thing.

Maybe mine was broken in from the Regular Ipad Pro.

Maybe mine was broken in from the Regular Ipad Pro.

As mentioned, it could be that your holder is bigger for whatever reason? Anyway think it is important for people to know, that the fit is not a given with the new 10.5" iPad Pro, users might think it is ok just to find out after that it does not fit in the holder, so please check before.

My 9.7" iPad Pro is a tight fit, so are we saying that the 10.5 will or won't, or are we saying that some people may have less padding or a wider opening on their brackets ?

I'm interested to hear some more feedback on the 10.5" as we had a three guys asking about the new 10.5" today. I've seen yes it fits without problem, yes it fits with force, and no does not fit.

I also got an email from Apple for the 10.5" iPad Pro. I may upgrade myself and also just trying to figure out the general synopsis for whether the 10.5" is feasible with the stock mount or not.

I'm interested to hear some more feedback on the 10.5" as we had a three guys asking about the new 10.5" today. I've seen yes it fits without problem, yes it fits with force, and no does not fit.

I also got an email from Apple for the 10.5" iPad Pro. I may upgrade myself and also just trying to figure out the general synopsis for whether the 10.5" is feasible with the stock mount or not.

The holder is capable to accommodate 170mm wide devices, iPad pro 10.5" is 4.6mm wider so it will not fit unless you force it and risk damage.
Poster that is saying his fits, must have a larger opening somehow. It is simple, if the holder only can open 170mm, it will not fit.

I have however taken one of my holders apart and modified it (extended opening by 4-5mm) and now my 10.5" iPad Pro fits in the holder.

Reactions: Advexure
It will fit if you slide it in from the side and even then it is so tight it is near the breaking point. Just get the polar pro extender and sand off the top so you can add velcro for the GPS unit. Plus then you can have the iPad in a case.

IMG_4609.jpg IMG_4610.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeganSugde