Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

CINESSD issues

Reaction score
Hi Folks

I've been using an I2 and cinessd for a few year now, but over the past year i've noticed issues occurring more and more often with the SSD. I have two 480 cards.

Sometimes randomly it will stop recording, Sometimes it will just fail to initialise the cards and i have to reboot. I'm currently on a big shoot and this seems to be happening every other day. Do these cards get worse with age? If there any way of repairing them, Maybe they work like sxs cards and group bad sectors together? much like a hard drive? Both drives are roughly the same age.

I'm going to do a mater reset on the drone and monitors tomorrow and see if that helps at all, but any advice anyone could give me would be appreciated.

Thanks

I’m not sure of the quality of RAM they used in these drives, but they do have a limited lifespan. They can only endure a certain number of writes, so it’s entirely possible the silicon is past its prime if you are a steady user.

I’m not sure of the quality of RAM they used in these drives, but they do have a limited lifespan. They can only endure a certain number of writes, so it’s entirely possible the silicon is past its prime if you are a steady user.

Could be the vibration damper, they seem to wear out, camera and cinecore lose connection.

The ssd inside is a samsung one like the one you can buy at the computere store. But for I2 they are flashed with custom firmware, for I1 they are not and getting the same model will work for cheap replace. I may be wrong about the firmware on I2, there is old discussion here, some folks have it disassembled and tried to use a regular one but it didn't worked out that way, you can try to search for that thread if not here maybe it was on dji forum, sorry but can't remember where it was :)

Sometimes I also have the problem of not initialized ssd, it stays for ever waiting for it. I also was doing reboot of the drone and remotes but then found that it's a DJI GO problem and just disconnecting the usb cable, closing the app on the master remote and re inserting the usb and starting a new GO session was fixing that problem wich saves much more time as well the crew on the set are not looking at you with those guilty eyes as it happens to restart your equipment so frequently and everybody is waiting for you.

And yes they are getting old and have to be replaced after heavy and long use as any other ssd.

Nice one, guess it's time for some new drives. Crazy that a £1k card has a life span :(

Nice one, guess it's time for some new drives. Crazy that a £1k card has a life span :(
Mine are 4 years old and there is no need to replace them yet. One of them start droping frames after a ligtening strike which was far away but the problem appeared imediatelly when the lightening strike happened and it was permanent damage. Beside that all other ssd's are working fine so far. But this random stop of recording is a problem that I personally have not seen. Is there an error message, you should check the error messages log in dji go to get more info if there is?

Another thing on my mind is that when the sd card is full the recording on the ssd stops automatically also if the sd does not present then the ssd cant record at all. This is on I1 but maybe it's the same on I2? If so it could be a faulty sd card or sd card slot either.

Hi Folks

I've been using an I2 and cinessd for a few year now, but over the past year i've noticed issues occurring more and more often with the SSD. I have two 480 cards.

Sometimes randomly it will stop recording, Sometimes it will just fail to initialise the cards and i have to reboot. I'm currently on a big shoot and this seems to be happening every other day. Do these cards get worse with age? If there any way of repairing them, Maybe they work like sxs cards and group bad sectors together? much like a hard drive? Both drives are roughly the same age.

I'm going to do a mater reset on the drone and monitors tomorrow and see if that helps at all, but any advice anyone could give me would be appreciated.

Thanks

Standard SSD's perform better when you run TRIM on them. I run TRIM on all my SSD's once a week. I assume the DJI SSD's are no different. I would assume that the DJI SSD management software would have some kind of TRIM utility.

And yes, SSD's DO degrade over time. TRIM helps keep degradation at bay and can "refresh" tired SSD's.

Good luck.

D

Far reaching theory but yes when they are near or full they stop. Seen this several times. Looked at the ssd with show hidden files and for some reason they were not getting deleted. Sometimes if you throw the files in the trash but eject the ssd before emptying the trash then they still remained on the SSD but were hidden. Reinserting SSD card into the reader the previously empty trash bin now showed files in it. Emptied trash and then the card showed full capacity available again. Hope that’s a clue for you.

Reactions: Donnie Frank

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travejars