Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Class A Landing Mishap...???

I just broke the arms but at two places! So DJI will / has the parts for it and how much did it cost? Guess will have to send mine in... thanx in advance
Psychotwin,
I paid $324USD for them to replace the right motor arm, a camera coupler, and the connector cables. Looks like $64 was for the 'accessories' and $260 was for the repair service. I'm interested to see what they charge you.
Stay on top of them though...they only acknowledged receipt of the aircraft when I wrote in and asked for an update 10 days after the tracker showed it being received. They were quick to action after that...perhaps they're just that busy with repair work?
I hope you get your bird back in the air soon!

I will be sending them mine soon and will update on the "damage" . Lets see how long this will take!
Best of luck Psycho. Hopefully you're not without for too long!

Mine was sent from Calgary, AB on Feb 7th, got to Torrence, California on the 13th. It then apparently sat until I sent a request for update on the 23rd. I got an immediate response that it would be processed. I received my invoice for repairs on the 25th and received confirmation of repair and shipping yesterday (March 2nd). Fed Ex says it should be back home by Monday next week. All in all, not a bad turnaround...

Normally I'd rail against the time it took them to check in the aircraft after receipt, but I'm going to to give them the benefit of the doubt and suggest that perhaps they're just inundated with repairs already? But really, at just ove a month from ship to receive...I'm going to call myself a happy customer and carry on.

Yay! FedEx says that my whirlybird is on the truck for delivery!
Boo...I'm working downtown...will have to pick it up and run it through it's paces this evening. Hopefully I'll have enough light left to get a flight or two in. Stay tuned!

I have to say that all in all, this was a good turn around for it to be back inside of a month after sending it out!! It was frustrating to have to chase after them to get any kind of information, but they were great once they started on it.

So I got my broke bird back the other day.
It's worse than anything else.
I updated the firmware
I calibrated the IMU
I calibrated the compass
I lifted off and it promptly started doing the compass dance.
It settled out after a while and seemed to straighten up and fly right.
Then, on the second battery I was up around 10' or so testing flight characteristics. Turns out that at 10 feet up, if the sticks go down and in...it'll fall right out of the damned sky.

So I got my broke bird back the other day.
It's worse than anything else.
I updated the firmware
I calibrated the IMU
I calibrated the compass
I lifted off and it promptly started doing the compass dance.
It settled out after a while and seemed to straighten up and fly right.
Then, on the second battery I was up around 10' or so testing flight characteristics. Turns out that at 10 feet up, if the sticks go down and in...it'll fall right out of the damned sky.

When you ay compass dance, I assume you mean toilet bowl effect (ever larger circles) and yes, if you action a CSC command (sticks to bottom corners) whilst in flight it will immediately kill the motors. But then nobody ever has any need/maneuver in flight where CSC is needed other than an emergency which is what it's for.

Why would you even contemplate doing a CSC when off the ground!!? Of course its going to drop like a stone

Why would you even contemplate doing a CSC when off the ground!!? Of course its going to drop like a stone
Let me counter that with another question...
Why the hell would they even make that a possible thing if the positioning sensor doesn't read the ground at 0.1M???
Should be a fairly logical couple of IF/AND/THEN statements...such as:
IF CSC stick input is applied while maneuvering, AND altitude is not 0', THEN don't shut the damned aircraft down!!

I totally agree with what you say, DJI should have made the CSC impossible when airborne.
However, we all know that is not the case at the moment, so I make **** sure I dont try it.

yeah...for how much I've had my other one out, I'm surprised that I haven't done that as well. Now I'm going to be hyper-concious of that.
I'm going to take a look at it tonight and see if it's an easy fix...if not...already got the new RMA and approval to expedite....ugh...
Starting to think this is a bad luck bird...lol...

As I have said in my earlier post this is an emergency motor cut off and will not be removed since many countries require a 'throttle cut' ability to prevent injury.
There will be no maneuver that you will EVER have to make on a fixed pitch multi rotor aircraft that will require you to give full yaw, full cyclic and full, throttle down whilst in flight other than an emergency cut off situation.
CSC has been a feature since day one on DJI platforms ever since the Phantom v1.

Last edited:
yeah...for how much I've had my other one out, I'm surprised that I haven't done that as well. Now I'm going to be hyper-concious of that.
I'm going to take a look at it tonight and see if it's an easy fix...if not...already got the new RMA and approval to expedite....ugh...
Starting to think this is a bad luck bird...lol...

I recommend you read and re-read the manual thoroughly before your next flights.

Reactions: InspiredOne

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44