Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA COA-time to get one

Reaction score
Website
www.martinezaerial.com
Has anyone here received approval for a COA in less than 60 days? This is the singlemost frustrating process in the business. I just had a client call and cancel a job, he got tired of waiting. The sad part of it is that he'll go get a neighborhood kid and get the video he wanted, illegally.

Wonder if the FAA people understand their foot dragging encourages more lawless flying? I know aviation and airports (commercial pilot's license). It doesn't take 60 days to glance at the copy of the sectional chart we have to submit, and determine if the flight, under 200 feet and away from any approach path (4 NM miles away) can be performed safely.

FAA, if you are reading this, get off the dime! Your bureaucratic delays are encouraging flights outside the rules.

Thanks. Just got called by a client and lost another job. Realtors don't want to wait that long! You follow all the rules, get a 333, licensed pilot...and still get screwed by the feds.:mad:

I have 15-20 jobs waiting for the COA's to be approved. I don't think 107 will help me either because ATC probably will not give me approval either.

I know of a photographer that uses a kite if that helps.
FAA is not the only agency dragging their feet or creating piles of useless paper or handing out fines for petty offenses. The last half dozen years have been hell for lot of small companies.
I tangled with the IRS after they thought I owed and they were sending notices to address I had not used in over a decade. Grabbed my revenue and took two years and $$$$ to straighten out and I have several clearances and licenses one of which they issued. Lawyer went ballistic and never charged for his services but had to get all records and accountant on board.

Last edited:
Reactions: licensed pilot
Could be or get worse. Was a post where a UK police chopper scolded someone for flying their kite to high:(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide