Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Commercial Insurance Companies PFAW UK

Reaction score
I have my BNUC-S flight examination in the next couple of weeks and would like to get the ball rolling on commercial insurance for when I get my PFAW.

After much Googling the sum total of companies that I can find offering commercial insurance for my needs is 1 - John Heath - Cover Drone ( I've come across a couple of companies that seem to be for large scale corporate applications )

If anybody else here has PFAW and insurance through another company than JH ( that they are happy with ), please could you let me know their name. I'd simply like to have some options.

If it turns out that JH is my only choice, it's a massive concern. I will simply have to pay whatever they ask.

Many thanks.

My buddy here in Denver is paying $1000.00 a yr per drone just for liability But he working commercially and does not have his 333. Insurance is going to do him much good in court if he is not properly licensed as per what my lawyer told me.

I go through John Heath/Coverdrone. I pay around £950 per year for £5,000,000 public liability and equipment cover.

Thanks for your responses.
I'm only looking for companies other than John Heath offering commercial insurance for those with a PFAW in the UK.
I think it would be of great help not only to me but to everyone looking to operate commercially in the UK if a list (a very small list I'm assuming) of community approved insurance companies could be put together.

Thanks

Reactions: Flashman
Right you are then:

John Heath Insurance Brokers LLP
Telephone: 01270 252 252
Email: [email protected]
www.johnheath.com
http://www.johnheath.com/business-insurance/uav-insurance/

R J Kiln & Co Ltd
http://www.kilngroup.com

aaduki
http://www.aaduki.com/

J. Bennett & Son Ltd
The White House21 High StreetHigh WycombeBuckinghamshireHP11 2UXT 01494 450450
http://www.jbennett.co.uk

Ravenhall Group
[email protected]
http://www.ravenhallgroup.co.uk/
Tel: 0113 3503 330

So there is more than 1!
That's great, thank you.

Hi tony,

Aaduki... seem good.

Just getting a quote now to include inspire, dslr laptop, and other bits and 2 million liability

I notice everyone else seems to go with 5 mill public liability. Is there a reason people go for 5? The company is limited...??

Db

John Heath have told me to individually price everything in the Inspire 1 package, so instead of being insured for the £2380 that I paid, it is closer to £3000 (not including the case, which I can't find a price for). I can see why they want me too, but has added a good amount to my equipment total, was about £5000 but because of this it is nearer £6000.

Has everyone else been asked to do this?

John Heath have told me to individually price everything in the Inspire 1 package, so instead of being insured for the £2380 that I paid, it is closer to £3000 (not including the case, which I can't find a price for). I can see why they want me too, but has added a good amount to my equipment total, was about £5000 but because of this it is nearer £6000.

Has everyone else been asked to do this?

Ask yourself what your replacement cost is...? Insure to that value??!! If there was a bundled price on parts, there will still be a bundled price on them should you need to repurchase... Ain't no point over insuring if the insurance lands the products back in your lap (some of them do) your just paying a bigger premium

I go through John Heath/Coverdrone. I pay around £950 per year for £5,000,000 public liability and equipment cover.
Hi, this is somthing I'm going to need in the near future... Does your equipment cover include cover when in motion?

I.E. Does it cover you in flight in the event of a crash? or does it just cover for theft etc when sat in its case in your vehicle or at the office?

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi, this is somthing I'm going to need in the near future... Does your equipment cover include cover when in motion?

I.E. Does it cover you in flight in the event of a crash? or does it just cover for theft etc when sat in its case in your vehicle or at the office?

Cheers

Yes it covers them during operations. That's the point isn't it? ;)

It covers them back at the office too, which is great because a lot of office insurance won't touch them!

Yes it covers them during operations. That's the point isn't it? ;)

It covers them back at the office too, which is great because a lot of office insurance won't touch them!
I fussed it did but I read a few insurance policies that didn't. - like you say.... Some what pointless.

So your premiums are approx 1000 per year for your liability and equipment cover? That seams fairly reasonable.

Aaduki were £340 for me £2,000,000, with the option to go up to £5,000,000 (which I believe is required when you work for the emergency services) if I want, this is just the Inspire for now. All my other gear was already insured by someone else. I may put it all with Aaduki in the future.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry