Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Commercial ops Thailand

Reaction score
I've grabbed all the info I can on drone laws in Thailand, including the registration requirements. What I cannot get my head around in the translated laws is what if any personal qualifications are required. They talk about 'juristic' persons and organizations linked to the type of commercial operations, but that is all.

Does anyone have contemporary knowledge of the requirements for commercial ops? TIA

I've grabbed all the info I can on drone laws in Thailand, including the registration requirements. What I cannot get my head around in the translated laws is what if any personal qualifications are required. They talk about 'juristic' persons and organizations linked to the type of commercial operations, but that is all.

Does anyone have contemporary knowledge of the requirements for commercial ops? TIA
As you have posted in the commercial section I assume you are talking about operating commercially inThailand rather than taking a holiday there and getting some ‘recreational footage’
You do not say what country you hold your UAS qualification in but to my knowledge currently there is no aviation authority certification that is recognized and accepted in a reciprocal arrangement with any other. That includes the European member states and EASA who are too busy arguing between themselves as to what constitutes a unified approach (including the slated 2019 proposals which will never happen by 2019).
This means that what ever cert you hold it will not allow you to operate commercially within Thailand. This would include any commercial liability insurance which will have geographic limitations in coverage.

On top of the above you would need to jump through several hoops and be prepared for background checks to be carried out on you by the CAAT, the National Intelligence Agency, the Narcotics Control Board and the Immigration Bureau.
Proof of insurance will need to be submitted and assuming your UAV is >2kg it will need to be registered with CAAT along with make, model and serial number.

Of course that is the correct and legal way to go about things - whether individuals actually go that route is another matter.......

Thanks for the input, I was referring to commercial ops, hence the post title. My research showed that it wasn't going to be a simple process even though the applicant would be a Thai company. The aspect that I have found nothing on so far is operator licencing/competency, but quite possibly they haven't progressed that far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool