Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Computer that can handle Pro Res or Raw

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm getting my I2 in about a week and I'm looking forward to shooting some raw and pro res footage. I am looking to get a high powered desktop to be able to edit the footage and I'm curious what people have had success on and or struggled with on their own computers.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

My MacBook Pro 2016 with the amd 460 runs prores fine. For raw, need to reduce the decode quality in davinci to about half res and use a proxy to get good frame rates for editing.

Yeah, Apple lost me years ago when they went after the "Bedroom Professional" and threw the people that made them out the window.

Now they are just like DJI, overpriced for no reason... at least eventually other companies were able to put better stuff on the market. Even most of the big studios are on PC now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using InspirePilots mobile app

I was so close to switching to windows. I have several pcs in the house for my family but for some reason I was hopeful. I upgraded from a 2012 MacBook Pro so it was at least a substantial upgrade.

I guess I am a coward stuck in my apple ecosystem. I do love my daughters pascal nvidia cards though.

I'm like in an abusive relationship. I hate apple but can't leave!

Yeah, when the i7 hit the market, Apple was done for, and with Adobe going the subscription route, they blow FCP out of the water... shame it's not hard when it's only a kiddie pool, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using InspirePilots mobile app

Windows 10 running on I7-6950X 10 core processor with 64 MB RAM and 4 TB harddrive and 500GB SSD and dual NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics cards and 10 USB 3.1 ports. Works awesome with Adobe Premier Pro. Get it - you'll love it!

Reactions: EDDSkitz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk