Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Convert Inspire 1 to RC Non dji camera

Reaction score
Hi all,
Can I convert my Insipre 1 to operate as an RC? Possible use non DJI software?
Can I attach a non dji camera and control and view from controller?

I crashed my Inspire 1. The Zenmuse x3 is toast, but I can get it to fly again by replacing a couple hundred dollars worth, but I do not see replacing the camera as economical with the prices for newer models.
I'm seeing a trend with DJI not providing software for new devices operating older model drones.
Basically I only want to invest more in it if I can make it more versitle. I like the idea of having a powerful drone that could carry a large light or small gimbal. But still possibly use some of the inspire equipment, landing gear and camera control, or even the controller itself.

My first drone years ago was self assembled rc, so i am willing to get back into that if it's possible with this inspire.

Cheers,
Kyle

Hi all,

I crashed my Inspire 1. The Zenmuse x3 is toast, but I can get it to fly again by replacing a couple hundred dollars worth, but I do not see replacing the camera as economical with the prices for newer models.
I'm seeing a trend with DJI not providing software for new devices operating older model drones.
Basically I only want to invest more in it if I can make it more versitle. I like the idea of having a powerful drone that could carry a large light or small gimbal. But still possibly use some of the inspire equipment, landing gear and camera control, or even the controller itself.

My first drone years ago was self assembled rc, so i am willing to get back into that if it's possible with this inspire.

Cheers,
Kyle
That’s a really interesting question as I’m crossing the same road I have three DJI inspire 1 and a DJI s900 and I would love to convert them over to basic RC. Right now I’m trying to figure out if I can put a little bit more of a powerful motor on my inspire one and I can’t seem to find any information regarding that.

Hi all,

Cheers,
Kyle
The firmware isn’t open to be modified in that way so you’d have to remove all the internals and use a different flight controller. You could use the frame but and maybe the motors but that would be about it. I’m not even 100% sure if you could reuse the battery

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207