Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

cracked plastic under motors

Reaction score
I've noticed under each motor the plastic is cracked, are these structural?WP_20160808_003.jpg

Not that I heard anywhere.

Do you have the bird from new? Any crashes ever?
I am keeping a close eye on my motor mounts. I had similar problems with my phantoms.
Just filled the cracks with epoxy and added a thin layer of glass matting with epoxy on the inside.
Maybe you could do the same thing here.

It's second hand, the guy is more then happy for me to return it but if it's just superficial it wouldn't bother me. I've emailed dji to ask if the outer case is structural so I'll see what they say. The inspire is in great shape apart from that. I'm not sure how the motors are connected to the arms, I can see three boots each side but don't fancy taking it to bits just yet.

I've noticed under each motor the plastic is cracked, are these structural?View attachment 9503
They are not structural - quite a few have cracked around that area. It appears some of the motor mounting screws may have been over torqued from manufacture with resultant stress cracks appearing on that plastic.

They are not structural - quite a few have cracked around that area. It appears some of the motor mounting screws may have been over torqued from manufacture with resultant stress cracks appearing on that plastic.
Brilliant, thankyou. I've been looking at pictures of just the motor arms and it looks like the 2 holes that the bolts go into have metal inserts. Thanks again.

Brilliant, thankyou. I've been looking at pictures of just the motor arms and it looks like the 2 holes that the bolts go into have metal inserts. Thanks again.
They do - each motor has four mounting points into metal mounts behind the plastic shroud.

Reactions: JonnyK
They do - each motor has four mounting points into metal mounts behind the plastic shroud.
I'll get the battery charged and take it for a test flight. I didn't fancy flying it untill I found out if it would cause a problem. Thanks again for your help, very much appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan