Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crystalsky 7.85" crashing/freezing

Reaction score
My Crystalsky (not ultrabright) frequently freezes/crashes. It mostly recovers by itself after about 30 second but this is not ideal during flight..Any advice?
I already tried to switch on Airplane mode, no help. I keep cache clean, no help. I do not have any third party apps installed. The only thing I did not try is the battery saving mode. Logic tells me it would do the total opposit, as it limits performance. Anyone tried it ? Any other suggestions, ideas ??

Last edited:
From my experience the Crystalsky is not a stable platform, both love and dislike it at the same time (you have awesome visibilty using them but mine for the last two years has been a bit wonky. Try looking into some of these for more tips. Good luck Search results for query: crystalsky crashing
Thanks. I went through it all but found nothing there addressing the issue in a meaningful way. I guess I'd just have to live with it..

My Crystalsky (not ultrabright) frequently freezes/crashes. It mostly recovers by itself after about 30 second but this is not ideal during flight..Any advice?
I already tried to switch on Airplane mode, no help. I keep cache clean, no help. I do not have any third party apps installed. The only thing I did not try is the battery saving mode. Logic tells me it would do the total opposit, as it limits performance. Anyone tried it ? Any other suggestions, ideas ??
Hello ..!… From what I have read and seen in some tutorials, the CS has temperature problems which causes it to heat up and this affects the motherboard and the processor, causing these interruptions, disconnections or screen shutdowns… I have not seen or heard any solution to this, although it is true that the CS has excellent resolution and sharpness even when facing the Sun, this very part of having that luminosity is what causes it to heat up. I do not know if reinforcing the ventilation of the CS will improve this condition ... I have a CS of 7.85 "and I have not had a problem yet, I have it for almost 1 year ... and the truth is I am still concerned that it may have that problem in a future….

Hello ..!… From what I have read and seen in some tutorials, the CS has temperature problems which causes it to heat up and this affects the motherboard and the processor, causing these interruptions, disconnections or screen shutdowns… I have not seen or heard any solution to this, although it is true that the CS has excellent resolution and sharpness even when facing the Sun, this very part of having that luminosity is what causes it to heat up. I do not know if reinforcing the ventilation of the CS will improve this condition ... I have a CS of 7.85 "and I have not had a problem yet, I have it for almost 1 year ... and the truth is I am still concerned that it may have that problem in a future….
CS is definitelly not 100% reliable gadget. The screen is great when it works but it can be frustrating when it freezes or the GO4 crashes in flight. I reset mine to factory defaults and keep it lean and free from anything unnecessary i.e. off-line map downloads, cached videos and photos etc. Every bit seems to help to keep the CS run better and more reliably

What version firmware are you running?
V.03.00.02.00
After trying numerous combinations of start up sequencies to see if that would make any difference I have not arrived to any definitive conclusion. The only thing which seems to indicate if the CS is going to "behave" or crash in flight is to test its stability by performing a simple test before take off. Engage the focus peek and focus assist and run the lens in MF through its entire range. If the feed is solid, without pixelation and without huge delay during focusing, it indicates that the GO4 started "ok" (for lack of a better word) and it won't crash during flight. If however the feed falls appart or delay is present it would indicate that the GO4 has not started ok and is in a volatile state. As such it will almost certainly crash in flight. Close and restart GO4 and repeat this process if necessary until the feed is solid during focusing with focus peek on.
Following this simple routine has worked a treat for me and my CS and/or GO4 rarely crash in flight.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg