Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crystalsky/ DJI Go 4 program shut down

Reaction score
In the past several weeks I have had my DJI GO 4 application shut down in flight. When that program shuts down the camera on my Inspire 2 turns off. I still have Cendence stick control and I've been close enough to visually guide my Inspire in for a landing. I've got the latest Firmware updates for the Inspire 2, 7.85 Crystal Sky Ultra and the Cendence controller. I did a reboot on the Crystalsky but still experienced the shut off. I'm kind of thinking it's the DJI GO 4 update that is the problem and hopefully the next update will correct this issue.

Welcome to my world.

My experience since day one of using the Crystal Sky ultra bright (purchased as soon as they were released) has been one of random Go4 app lock up or crashes at a rate of around once in every 20 flights.

If anything, the more recent versions of Go4 app are either more reliable - or maybe I’m just getting used to it?

The app crashing out to the main screen isn’t too bad as you can get going again within about 15 seconds. The total freeze is more of a problem as a reboot can take a minute or two.

These problems don’t occur when I fly using my iPad Pro so I presume it’s an Android type issue or a specific Crystal Sky problem?

Don’t fly BVLOS and you’ll be fine.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
Welcome to my world.

My experience since day one of using the Crystal Sky ultra bright (purchased as soon as they were released) has been one of random Go4 app lock up or crashes at a rate of around once in every 20 flights.

If anything, the more recent versions of Go4 app are either more reliable - or maybe I’m just getting used to it?

The app crashing out to the main screen isn’t too bad as you can get going again within about 15 seconds. The total freeze is more of a problem as a reboot can take a minute or two.

These problems don’t occur when I fly using my iPad Pro so I presume it’s an Android type issue or a specific Crystal Sky problem?

Don’t fly BVLOS and you’ll be fine.
I too have experienced problems when using my ultra bright CS monitor when using DJI GO 4. So far I haven’t crashed but only because I was in VLOS and was able to bring my I2 in for a landing manually. It really bothers me that DJI doesn’t fix these issues before they release the new versions of the app. It’s almost like they don’t care what happens to us out here in the drone world?? Sometimes I wonder if the engineers who develop these apps are concerned about it at all.
And when I use my 9.7” iPad I don’t have these problems making me think that maybe it’s an Android issue but I’m not qualified to really be an expert on this part of it.
Anyway I hope they figure it out soon because I have a lot of money tied up in my Inspire 2 and can’t afford to lose it due to DJI’s lack of testing.

Reactions: MrTVR
I too have experienced problems when using my ultra bright CS monitor when using DJI GO 4. So far I haven’t crashed but only because I was in VLOS and was able to bring my I2 in for a landing manually. It really bothers me that DJI doesn’t fix these issues before they release the new versions of the app. It’s almost like they don’t care what happens to us out here in the drone world?? Sometimes I wonder if the engineers who develop these apps are concerned about it at all.
And when I use my 9.7” iPad I don’t have these problems making me think that maybe it’s an Android issue but I’m not qualified to really be an expert on this part of it.
Anyway I hope they figure it out soon because I have a lot of money tied up in my Inspire 2 and can’t afford to lose it due to DJI’s lack of testing.
I'm into my second Crystalsky Ultra monitor. The first one which was part of the first batch delivered died from heat exhaustion and the latest one which is the replacement under warranty has the DJI GO4 shut down issue. I also have a Mavic Pro with a 5.5 Crystalsky monitor, no issues with shut down. I dont know what to do and am waiting for the fix. Im like you guys, I've got alot of money in the air with faulty operation softward.

I'm into my second Crystalsky Ultra monitor. The first one which was part of the first batch delivered died from heat exhaustion and the latest one which is the replacement under warranty has the DJI GO4 shut down issue. I also have a Mavic Pro with a 5.5 Crystalsky monitor, no issues with shut down. I dont know what to do and am waiting for the fix. Im like you guys, I've got alot of money in the air with faulty operation softward.
I also received one of the first batch of crystal sky monitors and had the same overheating problem but I sent it back to DJI and they supposedly replaced it with a new one but like you now the DJI GO 4 app is shutting down mid flight and at this point I really don’t know what I am going to do about it. It’s just a shame that we spend all this money on something that is supposed to help us fly more efficiently but this is what we end up with. Right now it’s up in the air as to what I’m going to do. Very frustrating to say the least!!

I have also had Dji Go crash in the last week with the latest firmware while flying waypoints. Completely quit on me mid flight. I noticed that the entire record of the flight was deleted out of the logs. It’s infuriating that using all Dji products leads to such an unstable experience.

Fortunately, I have not happen to me. I use the CS with the Cendence remote. I am wondering if you that have had this issue would know if you used the RTTH button on the remote if that would work if this were to happen to me?
/

Personally just not a Litchi fan. Bought it for my P3P a year and a half ago. Just wasn’t impressed enough to use it often. Never even tried to use it on my Mavic Pro. So, for at least the foreseeable future, I’m not going to waste space and money to install it on my 2 CSs and I’m not convinced is stabilized yet to risk it on the I2. Just my 2 cents. YMMV

Personally just not a Litchi fan. Bought it for my P3P a year and a half ago. Just wasn’t impressed enough to use it often. Never even tried to use it on my Mavic Pro. So, for at least the foreseeable future, I’m not going to waste space and money to install it on my 2 CSs and I’m not convinced is stabilized yet to risk it on the I2. Just my 2 cents. YMMV
Thanks for the input. It helped me to make a decision on whether I want to purchase it or not. Think I’ll just stick with the DJI GO 4 app regardless of its faults and issues. Sounds like Litchi has the same problems so I won’t spend my money on something like that.

Reactions: Jeff48
I recently purchased a CS 7.85U/Cendence for my I2. Flew several times with I2, CS, Cendence at latest level with no apparent problems other than 5 year old maps being out of date and some small problems with offline map. Upgraded CS Go 4 app to V4.2.20. On 2nd flight after update I saw video lag immediately, and total lockup of Go4 app about 8 minutes in. Received message that Go4 app was not responding and do I want to stop it. Screen locked up intermittently and could not get a screen grab. Managed to limp home but hesitant to fly it again. Hard to wait for the next firmware when you experience problems of this magnitude no doubt caused by non existent testing at last firmware level.

I recently purchased a CS 7.85U/Cendence for my I2. Flew several times with I2, CS, Cendence at latest level with no apparent problems other than 5 year old maps being out of date and some small problems with offline map. Upgraded CS Go 4 app to V4.2.20. On 2nd flight after update I saw video lag immediately, and total lockup of Go4 app about 8 minutes in. Received message that Go4 app was not responding and do I want to stop it. Screen locked up intermittently and could not get a screen grab. Managed to limp home but hesitant to fly it again. Hard to wait for the next firmware when you experience problems of this magnitude no doubt caused by non existent testing at last firmware level.
It’s just a long list of problems that I have been having with the latest firmware update and it really is a pain in the rearend to be up there flying and have these kind of issues. I am with you that DJI’s engineers need to test them out much better before they force them on us. It’s really getting ridiculous and scary to fly with these problems. I too am scared to put my Inspire 2 up there and not know if you’re going to be able to bring it home safely. I didn’t pay all this money for something that I cannot use.

I am pretty convinced that the problems with CS Ultra are related to heat. the thing gets so hot it's incredible. the normal CS does not cause Go4 to Crash. And DJI no longer offers the ultra bright, so I am assuming they recognize that they can't fix the problems. It works fine in cool temps. But in summer it's very unreliable. Fortunately one doesn't lose control of the aircraft when Go4 crashes

I am pretty convinced that the problems with CS Ultra are related to heat. the thing gets so hot it's incredible. the normal CS does not cause Go4 to Crash. And DJI no longer offers the ultra bright, so I am assuming they recognize that they can't fix the problems. It works fine in cool temps. But in summer it's very unreliable. Fortunately one doesn't lose control of the aircraft when Go4 crashes
GO4 occassionally crashes on not ultrabright CS also. I have the not ultrabright and have first hand experience with that. In my case though given enough time while hovering the GO4 recovers itself and comes back to life with camera picture and the rest. I did not time it, it feels like forever but it really takes about a minute for it to come back to life. You can try it and report back if you will have the same experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry