Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Current dual controller setup

Reaction score
Thought I'd share what I'm setting up for a few jobs I have lined up. A few of them will require a camera op just to make sure I can get the shots requested in a timely manner. Nothing "special" here. I just wanted to share my setup in case someone was looking to do something similar. My setup is as follows:

Inspire 1 w/x3 (all I have for now...upgrading to the X5 as soon as budget permits)
Dual controllers (Still working on getting the slave to be a slave and not an additional master)
Master controller runs an iPad Air 2 with an Industrial Rotor Supply MKII Glare Buster Sunshade
Stacy @ Aerial Drone was awesome to deal with! DJI Mavic Pro & DJI Phantom accessories for iPad Pro, iPad mini, iPad
Controller also utilizes their Bigfoot mount for a solid no-slip grip on the device & shade. Very well made. Bigfoot No-Slip Mount | Small Claw No-Slip Mount- Lock Down System
Slave (Camera) runs a 12.9" iPad Pro and an extended mount clip I got off Amazon: http://a.co/81l4UGJ
and the no-slip rosette mount from Industrial Rotor.
Both controllers use the small cables I got from Amazon also: http://a.co/5ZgXPs5
And I created some vinyl graphics to know at a glance which was which if we're out in the field or pulling them out of the case.

I think the 12.9" iPad Pro is overkill. In fact, I'm starting to think the iPad Air is overkill also, and may eventually switch them both to the small iPad Pro's. (Sorry, I'm a huge Apple fan). That's the only reason I didn't get one more Bigfoot mount (It's on my P4 controller).

Attachments

• IMG_1045.JPG
    IMG_1045.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1046.JPG
    IMG_1046.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1047.JPG
    IMG_1047.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1048.JPG
    IMG_1048.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1049.JPG
    IMG_1049.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
The iPad pencil is a cool add on.
I can't add up all the Apple items in this house. It makes me anxious to know how much I've given them. LMAO! But we have 3 iPad Pro's and 3 pencils here. Apple watches, Mac mini (my editing station) & iPad Air2 (for the drone)...plus2 iPhone 7+'s and one iPhone 6+ lol

Reactions: slim.slamma
I can't add up all the Apple items in this house. It makes me anxious to know how much I've given them. LMAO! But we have 3 iPad Pro's and 3 pencils here. Apple watches, Mac mini (my editing station) & iPad Air2 (for the drone)...plus2 iPhone 7+'s and one iPhone 6+ lol
Oh ****, I'm crawling and you balling!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare