Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dat file

• Thread starter Deleted member 20043
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20043

Hi

Can anyone tell me where I can find the .dat file of a flight?

Can anyone tell me where I can find the .dat file of a flight?
I am not sure if you will get anything useful from the .DAT files as the format is not published and there are no released software tools for reading them.

However to answer your question. The .DAT files are stored on the Inspire 1 and you need to use the supplied mini USB cable to connect the aircraft to a Notebook PC/Mac. You will find the aircraft socket behind the battery under the tail fairing.

Then you need to power up the Inspire and Controller and open Pilot App. Under MC Settings / Advanced Settings you need to select Enter Flight Data Mode. The aircraft memory will then appear as a disk drive on your Computer with a number of .dat files. You simply copy these to you computer hard disk. Be warned that this is not the fastest download ever. On completion of the download, power off and on the Inspire to return to flight mode.

Reactions: sirnikolas
Thanks!

I've experienced some strange behaviour and I want to check via the .dat file if I started to fly without the 'safe to fly' message.

Do you think it is possible to check that?

I've experienced some strange behaviour and I want to check via the .dat file if I started to fly without the 'safe to fly' message.
With no means to read the .DAT files they will provide no help to you. Only DJI can analyse them.

The only way you have of analysing any strange behaviour is to play back the Pilot App flight log alongside any video you recorded.

Thanks!

You could try and open the file with notepad in a windows PCI but not sure.

Unfortunately it is unlikely you will be able to open the file in a recognizable format. I know it does not help now, but for the future, I recommend a screen recorder app, like the shou app, to help you go back and look at problems like this. It is always nice to be able to replay a flight exactly as you saw it so you can pinpoint what went wrong.

I am not sure if you will get anything useful from the .DAT files as the format is not published and there are no released software tools for reading them.

However to answer your question. The .DAT files are stored on the Inspire 1 and you need to use the supplied mini USB cable to connect the aircraft to a Notebook PC/Mac. You will find the aircraft socket behind the battery under the tail fairing.

Then you need to power up the Inspire and Controller and open Pilot App. Under MC Settings / Advanced Settings you need to select Enter Flight Data Mode. The aircraft memory will then appear as a disk drive on your Computer with a number of .dat files. You simply copy these to you computer hard disk. Be warned that this is not the fastest download ever. On completion of the download, power off and on the Inspire to return to flight mode.
Great info there!

Reactions: Scotflieger
Unfortunately it is unlikely you will be able to open the file in a recognizable format. I know it does not help now, but for the future, I recommend a screen recorder app, like the shou app, to help you go back and look at problems like this. It is always nice to be able to replay a flight exactly as you saw it so you can pinpoint what went wrong.
Too bad shou no longer works on ios :(

It doesn't fire up no more and if you uninstall it you won't be able to re-install it.
Apple has blocked the ipa.
I soooo hate apple.

It would be really nice if Dji programmed in a screen recorder but then again, why would they. Last thing THEY want is the end user to have rock solid evidence of a legitimate fault...

It would be really nice if Dji programmed in a screen recorder but then again, why would they. Last thing THEY want is the end user to have rock solid evidence of a legitimate fault...
No, last thing they want is their app being removed from the store by Apple for the same reasons other apps with similar functionality have been refused/removed.
Dozens of thousands of I1/P3 customers would be VERY pissed, and of course it would be DJI 's fault, not Apple's...

I guess that could work but too little too late for my shou. I've already uninstalled it.

I guess we could always jailbreak the air 2...

Is anyone using a jailbreaked air 2?
Any dramas?

As a reference the last jailbreakable iOS is 8.1.2, so if you've upgraded beyond that there's no way.

Then I might be in luck! I've had mine now for almost 2 months and I've never updated anything on it. Auto updates are set to
*GO JUMP!*
I'll have a look when I get home.
Would you recommend jailbreaking it Kilrah?

I used to jailbreak back in the days (iPhone 4 / first-gen iPad) because there were too many essential things missing from the OS IMO, but now I've got an iPad Mini 2 and iPhone 6 I haven't felt the need to. Didn't really have issues back then, but YMMV.

Reactions: sirnikolas
Grr, every time this thread comes up I get like

Dat_8cbcbc_2597359.jpg

Nice link BTW, will have to try.

Reactions: DustyVisor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters