Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DaVinci Resolve 12 Public Beta = Free

haswell i7 3.5ghz with boost to 3.9ghz 16 gigs of memory geforce gtx670 and a 10,000 rpm hard drive non raid.

Hi
Thanks for reply

i got an i7 4790k 4.0ghz, gforce gtx970 4GB PCI-express 3.0, 32GB DDR3 mem, 2x 250GB ssd HD but still davinci don't making good performance, thou i notice ver. 12 have some new stuff improving the editing prosses. Still new to me so havent tried it much yet.

When looking at the resourse usage i see that CPU working at 2-5 %, MEM use is about 20-25 %, and GPU 1-6% when editing and would expect it to working harder comparing to how slow DaVinci prosess the vids.
The only solution i found was to cache the vids (Playback>Use optimized Media If Avaiable), but as i said havent tried it out much yet.

Im still a newbee in the field so If anyone have some tip how to get Davinci run more smoothly in the editprosess it would be much appreciated also tip in the hardware configurations.

Hi
Thanks for reply

i got an i7 4790k 4.0ghz, gforce gtx970 4GB PCI-express 3.0, 32GB DDR3 mem, 2x 250GB ssd HD but still davinci don't making good performance, thou i notice ver. 12 have some new stuff improving the editing prosses. Still new to me so havent tried it much yet.

When looking at the resourse usage i see that CPU working at 2-5 %, MEM use is about 20-25 %, and GPU 1-6% when editing and would expect it to working harder comparing to how slow DaVinci prosess the vids.
The only solution i found was to cache the vids (Playback>Use optimized Media If Avaiable), but as i said havent tried it out much yet.

Im still a newbee in the field so If anyone have some tip how to get Davinci run more smoothly in the editprosess it would be much appreciated also tip in the hardware configurations.
I would look to your usage history cause while you are viewing your timeline real time I would guess that your cpu is being used much more than 5%. If it truly is being used just 5% look to your cpu allocation list and make an adjustment so you can take advantage of that clock speed.

Hi
CPU just using about 5% real time videos, and im not aware of where i can adjust the CPU allocation, can you give me a hint? using Win 10.

Thanks
Not positive how it looks on windows 10 as I'm not by my pc right now but hit control alt delete to get to the task manager then find davinci resolve in the process menu right click on it and assign it a higher priority.

If you are in the market for a non-linear editing tool but also crafty enough to get the best color correction then look no further.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve
Hello There !,
I've been looking for an editing program that is fairly simple to use and this one seems to be pretty good as I am a windows guy. I tried to download this from the web site. I registered added the code in the right hand corner and after I download it ...It says DaVinci Resolve Studio License Dongle not found. Did I do something wrong ? Thanks for your help

Hello There !,
I've been looking for an editing program that is fairly simple to use and this one seems to be pretty good as I am a windows guy. I tried to download this from the web site. I registered added the code in the right hand corner and after I download it ...It says DaVinci Resolve Studio License Dongle not found. Did I do something wrong ? Thanks for your help

Nope your didn't,. I you don't have a license dongle just get the standard beta version.

Not positive how it looks on windows 10 as I'm not by my pc right now but hit control alt delete to get to the task manager then find davinci resolve in the process menu right click on it and assign it a higher priority.

Hi,

Here you see Resolve 12 doing a optimize on a Clip (4k taken With Inspire), as you can see PC doing a lazy job, resole is set to high priority in allocation.
Any got an ide how to speed Things up?

Hello There !,

BMD always maintains 2 versions of the Resolve software. In the past these were the regular application and the lite version. The lite version was always free and lacked DNR and 3D but other than those two, are identical.

With the release of version 12, they have changed the naming slightly. The full version (that requires a dongle to run) is now called the "Studio" version. Just download the non-studio version (the old lite version) and you are golden.

The free version of Resolve has always been available since BMD acquired Davinci and split the product into 3 versions (Linux with control surface, full version (studio) and the free light version). This is not new to version 12.

BMD always maintains 2 versions of the Resolve software. In the past these were the regular application and the lite version. The lite version was always free and lacked DNR and 3D but other than those two, are identical.

With the release of version 12, they have changed the naming slightly. The full version (that requires a dongle to run) is now called the "Studio" version. Just download the non-studio version (the old lite version) and you are golden.

The free version of Resolve has always been available since BMD acquired Davinci and split the product into 3 versions (Linux with control surface, full version (studio) and the free light version). This is not new to version 12.

I downloaded, installed and then found that I could not import .mov files into Resolve 12. Unless I missed something, what is the use if I can't edit Inspire videos?

On Windows, Quicktime is not a favored wrapper. MP4 is though. I do not own the Inspire but the manual states this:

Video: MP4/MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264)

So that implies you can use the MP4 wrapper and that is what you will want to use on Windows. MOV or the Quicktime wrapper is (obviously) the more appropriate choice for a Macintosh computer.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84