Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dead battery help

Reaction score
I just had a strange experience and am wondering if anyone had any insight or remedy. I just took out my Inspire 2 to test after some DJI repairs and flew it around for just a few minutes on two freshly charged batteries. All went well and I boxed it back up and took it home. I went to charge the batteries and noticed one of the batteries wasn't charging (the green light didn't come on on the charger). I looked at the battery again and it had no lights at all when pressing the button. First time I had seen that. The other battery was close to full charge, and this one should have been (it showed no sign of failure while flying a few minutes earlier) but it looks dead. Changing which port on the charger, and replugging it in doesn't seem to affect it. The plug looks good, and there is no lint or dirt on any terminals. Has anyone seen this behavior before? Any ideas? Any way to check it other than the craft or charger? Is it just dead?

I just had a strange experience and am wondering if anyone had any insight or remedy. I just took out my Inspire 2 to test after some DJI repairs and flew it around for just a few minutes on two freshly charged batteries. All went well and I boxed it back up and took it home. I went to charge the batteries and noticed one of the batteries wasn't charging (the green light didn't come on on the charger). I looked at the battery again and it had no lights at all when pressing the button. First time I had seen that. The other battery was close to full charge, and this one should have been (it showed no sign of failure while flying a few minutes earlier) but it looks dead. Changing which port on the charger, and replugging it in doesn't seem to affect it. The plug looks good, and there is no lint or dirt on any terminals. Has anyone seen this behavior before? Any ideas? Any way to check it other than the craft or charger? Is it just dead?
Sounds like a defective battery to me. I have no idea if they can be repaired/fixed. How old is this battery? How many charging cycles?

Reactions: EarlDGrayJr
Sounds like a defective battery to me. I have no idea if they can be repaired/fixed. How old is this battery? How many charging cycles?
The battery is a few years old, and out of warranty, but as with the others with less thanna dozen charge cycles.

Was it stored correctly? Away from extreme temperatures? Storage capacity 60%?? These variables make a huge difference in how much life one gets out of a LiPo.

D

Thank you for the reply.

Yes. It was stored in the DJI case with others in a cool dry place (my finished basement). FYI: These are intelligent batteries and self discharge to about 60% when sitting for more than a few days.

Thank you for the reply.

Yes. It was stored in the DJI case with others in a cool dry place (my finished basement). FYI: These are intelligent batteries and self discharge to about 60% when sitting for more than a few days.
Correct. But if left unchecked for months or years they will slowly discharge below storage capacity. And that's when the battery's ability to store and source current will diminish.

What was their capacity when you pulled them out of storage?

D

This battery was at 60%. Then it was charged to 100% Then used in the craft with no problems. After short use (approximately 20% usage) in a pair (Inspire 2) it was put on the charger with the other battery in the just used pair. One battery charged fine. This one is dead.

This battery was at 60%. Then it was charged to 100% Then used in the craft with no problems. After short use (approximately 20% usage) in a pair (Inspire 2) it was put on the charger with the other battery in the just used pair. One battery charged fine. This one is dead.
It was @ 60% when you pulled it out? Or 60% when you put it away? Or both? "The battery was at 60%" is too vague. It really didn't address my concerns.

D

If you read the first post it explains it, but again, these particular batteries discharge themselves down to 60% percent and stay there. I have never seen one go lower on its own, including this one. These batteries are used in pairs on the I2, and this pair was used to fly around for a few minutes with no issues or notifications form the app. 100% normal flight and operation. The battery hadn’t been stored long since last use, approximately a month ago, and was fully charged before using (as was it’s pair). After the short flight, I went to charge the pair again along with others for a “real” day of production. This battery showed no indicator lights and the charger did not recognize it. The other half of the pair (stored and used the same as a dozen others) and all the other batteries work fine.

Seeking to buy a TB47 or TB48 battery internal control board or a dead battery for experimentation.
If anyone has one and is willing to part with it please let me know.

Dear: from what you say... the most likely thing is that the battery was blocked. This means that the charge control card and more specifically the IC of the card is faulty. That fault can be reset or cleared using a Texas Instrument model EV 2400 interface and the software for using that interface, which you can download for free from the TI website. There are videos on YouTube that show how to connect that interface to the Mavic battery, the Phantom, I have not seen for the Inspire battery, but according to TI this interface is also compatible for the Inspire batteries, the way to connect the interface to the battery is through the battery slot, on certain pins. Search YouTube and I hope this information will help you. Greetings.!

Thank you! Don’t have the interface and don’t know if I’ll get it, but I appreciate the information, and its fascinating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry