Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DIY Flying Telescope ?

Reaction score
I have an I2 with an X4s camera. I am wondering if I could get another lens and attach it (somehow) to the X4s to make a telephoto lens? I am sure it would be a kluge but I wonder if this is optically possible? I am out of my element here. I.e. there would be some kind of tube (PVC?) attached to the X4s with another lens glued to the other side of the tube. If it was possible it would be very cool. Thanks!

I have an I2 with an X4s camera. I am wondering if I could get another lens and attach it (somehow) to the X4s to make a telephoto lens? I am sure it would be a kluge but I wonder if this is optically possible? I am out of my element here. I.e. there would be some kind of tube (PVC?) attached to the X4s with another lens glued to the other side of the tube. If it was possible it would be very cool. Thanks!
First, gimbal motors will protest loudly because the camera must be perfectly balanced. Second, optical properties and physical dimensions of teleconverter must be somehow calculated to accommodate for X4S lens optics. Third, attachments of that sort developed for particular camera are bulky and heavy. No way.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrTVR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez