Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI GO on hudl 2

The DJI Pilot app worked well on the Tesco hudl2 but the DJI GO 2.0.1 app crashes (force close) after the intro screens. Anyone any ideas how to fix?

Thanks.

Tim,

I've had the same problem and it seems to be associated with video recording / caching. There is a sort of fix but until the GO app or Hudl gets another update I suspect we're stuck unless an Android whizz somewhere can sort it.

I found the only way to get the app to load is by doing a factory data reset on the Hudl 2 (under Settings / Backup & reset) but be aware this wipes all your data and any any apps you downloaded. After this it then seems to work fine and the video lag problem certainly seems to have improved, but if you start recording video then when you stop it the app crashes again UNLESS you turn off the 'cache locally when recording' option under 'OTHER' settings. Note that once crashed a factory reset seems to be the only way to get GO to load again.

Like this GO appears to work okay but I haven't done a full flight test yet, just hovered and checked functions in the garden. I found something on the Phantom Pilots site where apparently the app will crash again if you try to download video to the Hudl after landing.Have a look here:

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/hudl-2-with-dji-go.50693/#post-483957

As the Hudl isn't (and I suspect never will be) supported by DJI I am a bit nervous that these sort of things may crop up in the future so I'm going back to using the ipad for now. A shame because the Hudl is the perfect size and price for a dedicated monitor screen plus it's performs well enough.

I wish there was some way of reporting this problem back to Hudl but I can't find any contact email Under Tesco tech support to do that.

Good luck.

Thanks Simon. I'll try uninstalling, deleting the DJI files, installing again and setting to not cache video locally. If that does not work, I'll factory reset and re-install the app.

My backup is a Samsung S5, which runs fine but is a little small. At least the screen is brighter than the hudl2.

I'll report back when I've tried the reset....

Simon. Have to say thanks for this. Worked a treat after going through all the same issues. Only one little thing to add, don't forget to turn on usb debugging again. I couldn't connect to the P3 until I did. It added yet another half hour of beating my head on the Hudl.....

The DJI Pilot app worked well on the Tesco hudl2 but the DJI GO 2.0.1 app crashes (force close) after the intro screens. Anyone any ideas how to fix?

Thanks.

Pleased to have found this thread, I had the very same problem which I have now resolved using the fix posted.
Re using the hudl2 - Does anyone have problems with the screen brightness? Is anyone using a screen hood on their hudl2 that they would recommend?

Thanks and regards.

Pleased to have found this thread, I had the very same problem which I have now resolved using the fix posted.
Re using the hudl2 - Does anyone have problems with the screen brightness? Is anyone using a screen hood on their hudl2 that they would recommend?

Thanks and regards.

Yes the Hudl isn't as good as an ipad for brightness in sunshine but it helps if you wear a dark top and I find an anti-glare screen protector makes a big difference (on all tablets).

I have also made my own hood from a sheet of thick card. The fold lines are strengthened with Duck tape and I use velcro tabs to hold the top / sides in place. I also use 4 velcro tabs to attach the hood to the back of the RC tablet holder. Works great. I suggest you have a go with a bit of cardboard first to work out the design and where to make holes for the lead & power switch.

Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian