Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI GO4 app keep crashing . Anyone else?

If deleting and reinstalling the app doesn't help, then Try turning off the Go4 video caching and audio recording, that might help free up some processor power and memory and help you out a bit.

Dji have been adding so much cr@p in to the Go4 app over the last year it's untrue :( Theyve bloated it up from around 180mb to 300mb in size, and most is unwanted and unused music and video pic editing features. If they put as much effort into keeping the flight controls lean and mean, we'd have a great app :(

Reactions: RobUK
If you Google "Apple iOS 11 crashing" there's a whole lot of stuff out there about it.

Mine isn't crashing, it just needs to be constantly unplugged and replugged to keep working right. Something going on with the USB being randomly connected and losing the connection. Could be it thinks the tablets need to be recharged and it drops the data line, but I don't know. Happening on two controllers with same GO 4.1.8 and iOS 11.2. Maddening and so much for Apple reliability!

It won't run on an IPad Mini v2, there is not enough RAM (512 MB) only on v3 (2 GB RAM) or v4 (4 GB RAM).
Similarly it won't run on any Android phone with less than 1 GB RAM.

There's a few guides here if anyone's buying a new tablet:

Minimum requirements for the DJI app
The Best Tablets For DJI Spark, Mavic and Phantom - UnlimiteDrone

The tablet I'm using cost only 65 Euros and is the Huawei MediaPad 7.
The processor is a bit slow for the app, start up of the app takes 30 seconds, but runs OK.
Took your advice and bought an iPad mini 4... problem crashing is gone! Thanks!!!

Reactions: RobUK
I was actually using my Ipad Mini 2 fine for over a year with my Phantom 4 and then it was working fine for Go4 with my I2. Then, one day, it just stopped working. Go4 loads fine and I can fly for maybe a minute and it shuts down, but not completely as it still shows as being open in the background but when I click on it it initializes again. Then I might get 30 seconds and it closes. The Mini 2 worked fine first so I can't recall if it might have been an update causing the issues with the Mini? As mentioned, the Iphone 6 works fine and now the CrystalSky (although I've only had the chance to use this on one occasion).

My guess (for what its worth) ...
... During the year of satisfactory use on your iPad Mini 2, the "DJI Go4 App" became pregnant and had twins.
... Also in the same time period, Apple's iOS put on significant weight, growing from v7 to v9.
... Unfortunately, there isn't enough food on the table (with 512 MB RAM) any more ...

Reactions: r62ewa
My guess (for what its worth) ...
... During the year of satisfactory use on your iPad Mini 2, the "DJI Go4 App" became pregnant and had twins.
... Also in the same time period, Apple's iOS put on significant weight, growing from v7 to v9.
... Unfortunately, there isn't enough food on the table (with 512 MB RAM) any more ...
Excellent, made me laugh. Thanks for that and Merry Christmas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hukumkaikka