Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dji Inspire 1 almost given up..

Reaction score
Attention all Inspire pilot's.
I have just purchased a second hand Dji inspire 1 , I have taken it for 1 flight using both batteries that came with it. After running that batteries flat I put them both on charge and charged the Remote . Now a few thing seem to be going bad. 1. I am getting a warning message that is saying , weak Remote control signal .
2. The 1st LED light on the remote control is now Purple.
3. Not getting any conection to the DRONE no camera picture or control, can't start the motors.
4. Drone LED lights flashing different colors.
I have spent hours trying to resolve these problems and am just about to pull what hair I have left in my head out. So I call to my brother and sister pilots for any help or information that may help get my bird back in the air, very much appreciated.

I have just purchased a second hand Dji inspire 1 , I have taken it for 1 flight using both batteries that came with it. After running that batteries flat I put them both on charge and charged the Remote . Now a few thing seem to be going bad. 1. I am getting a warning message that is saying , weak Remote control signal .
3. Not getting any conection to the DRONE no camera picture or control, can't start the motors.
I have spent hours trying to resolve these problems and am just about to pull what hair I have left in my head out. So I call to my brother and sister pilots for any help or information that may help get my bird back in the air, very much appreciated.
Purple light on remote means it is in SLAVE mode. You can change it to MASTER from DJI GO app, when within the app go in settings (upper right corner) and then go to the icon that looks like remote with two antennas, there you can switch from SLAVE to MASTER.

djigo_master_slave.jpg

Did you calibrate your sticks recently after this started happening? I fly I2 but had a similiar thing happen and that made everybody happy. Otherwise I suspect a batt problem in the RC...Just remember this advise is worth what you paid for it..lol

Did you calibrate your sticks recently after this started happening? I fly I2 but had a similiar thing happen and that made everybody happy. Otherwise I suspect a batt problem in the RC...Just remember this advise is worth what you paid for it..lol

I haven't tried to calibrate stick but will
Purple light on remote means it is in SLAVE mode. You can change it to MASTER from DJI GO app, when within the app go in settings (upper right corner) and then go to the icon that looks like remote with two antennas, there you can switch from SLAVE to MASTER.

View attachment 28054
Thanks for the info I will decently give this a go. Thank you

I haven't tried to calibrate stick but will

Thanks for the info I will decently give this a go. Thank you
The purple is the slave mode for sure as mentioned above! As a slave it needs another rc to connect to, this by becomes the master..and the master connects to the ship directly.

First off... Congrats. Welcome to one of the greatest drones ever conceived of. These guys seem to be on to something. The LEDs on the Drone batteries tell a great store but download Every App there is from DJI Support and connect the Drone with NO Props installed to your computer and fire it up for some really good diagnostics. I believe as these guys suggest ... Start with Firmware updates ... Reset everything to the defaults ... then more than likely you may have to send the remote in to have a new battery installed. Good Luck and God Bless.

First thing to do is get intouch with the seller. If you just bought it within the last month and on ebay, the seller has to take it back and you would get a full refund. Sometimes the seller will send the money to get another remote if you can't get this one working. Remotes on ebay are around $110.00, used. Hope this helps

First thing to do is get intouch with the seller. If you just bought it within the last month and on ebay, the seller has to take it back and you would get a full refund. Sometimes the seller will send the money to get another remote if you can't get this one working. Remotes on ebay are around $110.00, used. Hope this helps

Definitely get in touch with seller, but, unfortunately, seller does NOT have to take it back. If you can't get it to work (I'm pretty confident you can though), you can submit a claim in paypal. But you can only submit a claim if the seller clearly stated that it was in full working condition. If they didn't say that in the listing, and you can't get it to work, I'm afraid there's not much you can do except pay for the repair.

If it was bought on ebay, you have a money back guarantee from ebay. You can return any item bought for any reason, ebay will ship you a shipping label and you send it back. You will receive you money when it is delivered to the address. Just call ebay they will walk you thru it. Just explain your remote is not working and you would like a refund, it's that easy. I would return it if the remote was not linking to the inspire, right away.

If it was bought on ebay, you have a money back guarantee from ebay. You can return any item bought for any reason, ebay will ship you a shipping label and you send it back. You will receive you money when it is delivered to the address. Just call ebay they will walk you thru it. Just explain your remote is not working and you would like a refund, it's that easy. I would return it if the remote was not linking to the inspire, right away.

I believe this service is offered to concierge clients only. Not every eBay user qualifies.

D

Last edited:
Why do you keep saying this. It’s NOT correct. That may apply to items sold by eBay, but not by seller ON eBay. You can’t just send anything back for any reason, the seller has to agree to the return, and unless the item was NOT as described there’s nothing you can do.

Show us where eBay states that return policy.

Reactions: Avocet
Why do you keep saying this. It’s NOT correct. That may apply to items sold by eBay, but not by seller ON eBay. You can’t just send anything back for any reason, the seller has to agree to the return, and unless the item was NOT as described there’s nothing you can do.

Show us where eBay states that return policy.

If the Inspire was sold "as is," then he's screwed. But if it was sold as a working unit, he may have grounds for either a refund or replacement.

D

If the Inspire was sold "as is," then he's screwed. But if it was sold as a working unit, he may have grounds for either a refund or replacement.

D
Agreed, but also if the description didn’t explicitly say that it works. The seller MAY accept returns, I don’t know. Only OP can answer these questions, but buying on eBay you have make sure you’ve read everything and don’t assume anything.

There are a lot of things to consider here.

1. I would try to rebind the controller as a master controller.
2. I would check the firmware version of both the aircraft and the controller to see if they are compatible and update if/as necessary.

* Report back to us and let us know what you find out.*

As a LAST RESORT i would get ebay involved.
I really believe the community here can get you up and going for you to enjoy your new to you purchase...

Agreed, but also if the description didn’t explicitly say that it works.

With all due respect, that's wrong. "Transparency" is the bedrock on which eBay was built, and is the seller's responsibility. If the item is non-working in any way, shape or form, it's up to the seller to disclose that information. This includes aesthetic issues like scratches, dents, marks, etc. Unequivocally, eBay is a buyer's market that allows no wiggle room whatsoever regarding item description. Unless otherwise stated, all items are assumed to be good working condition.

To avoid buyer confusion, eBay has several categories to describe the item for sale. In the case of this Inspire, it would be sold as "Used" or "As is - parts only." In the description section below the item, it's up to the seller to further articulate the item condition. If it is described as "working," and it turns out it is not, the buyer stands a good chance of returning the item. The caveat is, because a drone is complex piece of equipment, the buyer may have to make a video to prove his case. I've done this many times for high ticket items.

Also, eBay has a pretty concise categorization system in place. If the item is categorized as "New," it had better be brand new and not an "open box," which a sub category of "New." Otherwise, the buyer has the option for a refund. It's a triple indemnity for sellers, because they not only have to process the return, but if their attitude is piss-poor they risk bad feedback. Thirdly, eBay HIGHLY frowns on inaccurate descriptions. So it's in the seller's best interest to describe items accurately and sell them accordingly.

The seller MAY accept returns, I don’t know. Only OP can answer these questions, but buying on eBay you have make sure you’ve read everything and don’t assume anything.

I've been on eBay 22 years. I purchase items almost weekly and have returned numerous items. I just returned a non-working, "DOA" thumb-drive last week. I've been through the "returns wringer" many times. So dare I say I am an expert on the subject.

I can tell you right now that the quickest way to help the OP is to get the following information:

1) Purchase date
2) Item category ("Used"or "As-is," etc.)
3) Item description

If I had all 3 pieces of information, I could pretty accurately determine of the OP has a leg to stand on.

Honestly, based on the OP's lack of diligence regarding this thread, I'm going to guess that we'll probably never hear back from him. I'm going to guess that his remote somehow got switched to "Slave" mode, and simply switching it back to Master fixed the issue.

D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkaur