Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Inspire 1 Maiden Flight and Initial Impression (4K) Malaysia

I would say that 'shaky cam' footage would be a 'BIG' problem for the Inspire, unless it was something wrong with the cam itself. Who would put up with that in a $3k bird?????

But that does not explain what was going on with the 'AsiaFlyer' footage

What was going on with the "Asia Flyer" footage is rolling shutter effects during slow pan, which caused the tall buildings to look like they were swaying side to side. Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_shutter for an explanation. That's something that can be sometimes fixed by varying shutter speed through changing ISO, EV compensation or using ND filter while filming. It can also sometimes be fixed in post-production, although that gets more complicated. It's gonna happen sometimes, and there's only so much that can be done to prevent it, but it's not a deal killer for me, because it happens to all digital cameras with CMOS sensors. Only way to completely eliminate it is to use a sensor that uses global shutter.

Disagree. First off "fix it in post" is nothing I want to hear on a $3500 bird. Total deal killer for me if it can't be fixed. I have many many cameras from Cannons Nikons and Gopros. No issue,with any of them. I fixed the issue a bit using a ND on my phantom 2+ But what I see on that Malaysia footage was BAD.

Disagree. First off "fix it in post" is nothing I want to hear on a $3500 bird. Total deal killer for me if it can't be fixed. I have many many cameras from Cannons Nikons and Gopros. No issue,with any of them. I fixed the issue a bit using a ND on my phantom 2+ But what I see on that Malaysia footage was BAD.

Yeah, you sound like a real expert.

Yeah, you sound like a real expert.
Actually smart *** . I am. Been in the post production business for over 35 years. I've run studio facilities for three different networks. But you go right ahead and shoot your video as is now being recorded by the current camera and "fix it in post" Good luck

Actually smart *** . I am. Been in the post production business for over 35 years. I've run studio facilities for three different networks. But you go right ahead and shoot your video as is now being recorded by the current camera and "fix it in post" Good luck

Are you the same expert who can't figure out which cable to run from your Kindle to the Inspire radio?

Different issue. The Kindle mini USB connection may not accept video and or hdmi input. The spec sheet doesn't show if it will. I was asking to see if it does. As know one yet has tried it no one really knows

You said the ND filter fixed the issue on your Phantom. In the comments, the pilot said this footage was shot with the ND filter on so I wonder why the ND filter doesn't work with the Inspire camera the same way.

Don't know. I also slightly adjusted my I SO That JElllo effect as bad as I have seen. My footage was jellied while panning. His seemed just while pulling back. Odd

Perhaps own'd, with a slip of the P and...misspelled, lol. Take with a grain...only way to sanity man lol.

To those a little older, it's an intentional typo, which means exactly what shockwave suggested. It's just an annoying way to say it ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207