Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dji Inspire 1 Pro Black Edition X5 Camera transmission problem

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a DJI Inspire 1 Pro Black Edition with the x5 camera. I have only flown it a few times with no problems at all however now upon start up it does not do the dance and has no transmission to my Samsung s20Ultra 5G phone. The camera light flashes & you can here sound but it does not transmit the video. I can still fly the Drone but no image. Can anybody help me please. I really don't want to send it into DJI because they can not tell me how much the repair will cost.

Well, having run into this exact same situation with an X5 (powers on, no dance, no video, lights flashing), in my case the quote was $294 to fix it.

Now they may quote the same parts (it was gimbal boards and ribbon cables), or they could quote different ones, such as a main board, but I would imagine between $300-$500 to have it repaired.

The ONLY way you could possibly get them to cover it is if it died during a firmware update. Without logs showing that exact instance, with video taken directly before the update, the update logs showing the failure, and the logs showing that the camera still communicates (ie, not a main board spontaneous failure) you more than likely will be on the hook for the repair cost if it is out of warranty.

Before sending it in, be sure to clean the contacts on both the board on top of the gimbal on the camera itself and on the gimbal connection on the aircraft. If that doesn't work, get a hold of an Osmo handle and test it on that (just for test you do not need the X5 adapter, just don't try to walk around and use it without the adapter). If it works in the handle that means the gimbal adapter on the aircraft is at fault.

Well, having run into this exact same situation with an X5 (powers on, no dance, no video, lights flashing), in my case the quote was $294 to fix it.

Now they may quote the same parts (it was gimbal boards and ribbon cables), or they could quote different ones, such as a main board, but I would imagine between $300-$500 to have it repaired.

The ONLY way you could possibly get them to cover it is if it died during a firmware update. Without logs showing that exact instance, with video taken directly before the update, the update logs showing the failure, and the logs showing that the camera still communicates (ie, not a main board spontaneous failure) you more than likely will be on the hook for the repair cost if it is out of warranty.

Before sending it in, be sure to clean the contacts on both the board on top of the gimbal on the camera itself and on the gimbal connection on the aircraft. If that doesn't work, get a hold of an Osmo handle and test it on that (just for test you do not need the X5 adapter, just don't try to walk around and use it without the adapter). If it works in the handle that means the gimbal adapter on the aircraft is at fault.
Thanks for letting me know. My lights do flash. The green lights blink 3 or 4 times and you can here noise coming from it but tge camera dies not move at all. I live on the island of Kauai & I don't know anybody else who has this particular drone or I would try to use another camera to see if it is still not working. I wish I could. Thanks again. I'm sending it out to DJI in the morning. Hopefully it isn't a major problem. I'm just super frustrated. I've only flown it literally 3 times and had lots of things planned to use it for. I am starting to think my Phantom 4 Pro is a better machine and almost regret buying this Inspire. Hopefully when I do get it back I will have better luck. I'll let you know what the outcome is. Thanks for the feedback & if your ever in Hawaii on the island of Kauai look me up. I have several drones and would be nice to fly with somebody who is interested as I am in them. I do drone photography. I have the Phantom 2 with the go pro hook up, 3× Phantom 3 Pro with 4K camera, Phantom 4 Pro, Spark, Mavic Pro & of course the Inspire 1 Pro black edition with the x5 camera.

I'm doing it now. I've tried it this being the 3rd time. You can here sound but not that distinct noise it's supposed to make when it does a firmware update for some reason.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk