Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Inspire video of Lickity Split a DCM M35 performance boat

If you're going to slow down footage always shoot in 60p. Other than that it looks sweet. nice job on the color grading it looks vibrant but not too cartoony

Reactions: Aerial Peek
If you're going to slow down footage always shoot in 60p. Other than that it looks sweet. nice job on the color grading it looks vibrant but not too cartoony
Thanks, I shot it in 4k so 30fps was the best I could do. I don't think I would have captured the same Depth and color in 1080. But to your point you are correct 60 or better is the way to go, it took a lot of tweeking to get it even this smooth. I am going to Super Cat Fest on Lake of the Ozarks in 2 weeks and will do some shooting in 1080 at 60fps and I will see how that does in post. I heard that setting the aperture at 100 helps too but I have not tested that.

Thanks, I shot it in 4k so 30fps was the best I could do. I don't think I would have captured the same Depth and color in 1080. But to your point you are correct 60 or better is the way to go, it took a lot of tweeking to get it even this smooth. I am going to Super Cat Fest on Lake of the Ozarks in 2 weeks and will do some shooting in 1080 at 60fps and I will see how that does in post. I heard that setting the aperture at 100 helps too but I have not tested that.
In my opinion, from extensive testing, the 1080p footage actually looks better than 4k when you are encoding in 1080. Just my experience, I always shoot 1080p60, but test it out and see what you think.
Also you can't set the aperture, it is fixed. You mean to say ISO, and yes, leaving it on 100 in sunny conditions will definitely help :)

In my opinion, from extensive testing, the 1080p footage actually looks better than 4k when you are encoding in 1080. Just my experience, I always shoot 1080p60, but test it out and see what you think.
Also you can't set the aperture, it is fixed. You mean to say ISO, and yes, leaving it on 100 in sunny conditions will definitely help :)

So if I want to speed up scenes in my production I would want to film at as so of fame rate as possible?

Gruvpix, what do you choose for your codec when you export? I'm using Adobe premiere and can't find what works best.

Gruvpix, what do you choose for your codec when you export? I'm using Adobe premiere and can't find what works best.
Depends where it's going. Usually H264 MP4 for YouTube. Prores for anything needing to be broadcast quality.

Depends where it's going. Usually H264 MP4 for YouTube. Prores for anything needing to be broadcast quality.

Ok thanks. Do you bother changing the frame rate down to 24 or keep at 60? Can you shed some light on why there's some frame rates slightly less than 30 (29.97 etc)?

Just trying to make sense of all this stuff!

Also, be aware of reverse clips.. Ive made this mistake before, and noticed traffic in the background going in reverse (DOH!) Love the Crystal Method.

Ok thanks. Do you bother changing the frame rate down to 24 or keep at 60? Can you shed some light on why there's some frame rates slightly less than 30 (29.97 etc)?

Just trying to make sense of all this stuff!
Pretty much always leave it at 60, unless the client specifically asks for 24p or 30p.
Regarding 29.97 and 23.98, Google 'drop-frame'

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry