Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI ISSUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am going to call this the DJI ISSUE. The last conference I spoke at brought some possibly disheartening issues to light if you are flying commercially.

It may have been an attorney that presented the ISSUE which was that there is a file or files which are sent to DJI which contain Geolocation data for flights, pictures and videos.

I worked for a utility which was enlightening. That is to say we have had suitors (companies who will give away the farm in order to obtain utility flight experience). I am talking from enterprise sUAS to full service flight along with SAAS (software as a service), pilots, education, ROI calculations, Business cases, name it they would do it to get experience that is so vitally important.

To date they have kept our flights in house and have not shared their information with any one person. That is until we found out about the DJI ISSUE. I hope this is incorrect but if it is true I cannot say that another DJI product will be brought within four walls of a utility without a procedure ensuring confidentiality. We all know how people are so good at keeping secrets.

1. Can DJI explain what are in the files created after each flight?
  2. Are those files downloaded to the internet when video/pics are transferred to a computer?
  3. Does the DJI GO APP (any DJI app or app containing DJI information download information to the internet)?
  4. Does DJI capture any data that a customer may overlook? This included "click through acknowledgements. We all know that kind that are in our way...you just broke open the box and to get off the Earth as quickly as possible people click through any popup in the vicinity!
  5. Does DJI capture data for any flights?

I was bewildered how DJI was able to put 3DR out to pasture with a single death punch. It certainly wasn't an eloquent move by any means. DJI announced the Mavic was coming out six months before it did. Either way 3DR found itself floundering at the bottom of a skyrocketing industry and didn't have enough time to say "yeah but"........booom (canon volley with Katniss looking up at the days toll).

To this point i have even kept my personal disdain for what DJI has done to US... its own loyal customers. Seriously now. I1 rendered basically useless by the P4 which was rendered useless shortly after the Chinese New Year announcement that DJI was taking 3-5 weeks off and see you later. 3 weeks or 5 weeks....hello?

So here i am with a I1 and a P4 which parts will no longer be made for. Who cares about he I1 which has a ferromagnetic compass which was fixed as fast as the DJI wand was waived. Where does one suppose that information was obtained? Either downloaded info or 3DRs solution to flying the solo with precision vs. the I1 learning to walk (indoors).

I just cannot see spending another yen on a company that is apparently harvesting information from each flight to keep in step with the planned obsolescence DJI does not have to engage in but chooses to engage in. Sorry your 2015 Tahoe will no longer have OEM replacement parts. However you may purchase them from this enterprising group who has bought the barely used lot of them in order to chop them up and serve the parts to you on a schedule which rivals De Beers. So you will pay twice as much for the vehicle we no longer make. We decided to suspend production for one very good reason.

We don't feel like it. Just as important...it doesn't fall in line with our business model which is a downpour of currency at all times. We will not stand for lulls in this downpour we have become accustomed to.

For those of you too young to care. Rubies, emeralds and sapphire are more rare than the diamond. The thing is that you cannot have a monopoly in the US. While De Beers has a safe the size of every bank in Switzerland, the Cayman Islands and some other country. They control the price of the less than rare diamonds by doling them out a few at a time each year.

DJI....What say you? Tell me i am wrong, please say it ain't so.

#4Jason A Price, A moment ago

I am going to call this the DJI ISSUE. The last conference I spoke at brought some possibly disheartening issues to light if you are flying commercially.

It may have been an attorney that presented the ISSUE which was that there is a file or files which are sent to DJI which contain Geolocation data for flights, pictures and videos.

I worked for a utility which was enlightening. That is to say we have had suitors (companies who will give away the farm in order to obtain utility flight experience). I am talking from enterprise sUAS to full service flight along with SAAS (software as a service), pilots, education, ROI calculations, Business cases, name it they would do it to get experience that is so vitally important.

To date they have kept our flights in house and have not shared their information with any one person. That is until we found out about the DJI ISSUE. I hope this is incorrect but if it is true I cannot say that another DJI product will be brought within four walls of a utility without a procedure ensuring confidentiality. We all know how people are so good at keeping secrets.

2. Are those files downloaded to the internet when video/pics are transferred to a computer?
  3. Does the DJI GO APP (any DJI app or app containing DJI information download information to the internet)?
  4. Does DJI capture any data that a customer may overlook? This included "click through acknowledgements. We all know that kind that are in our way...you just broke open the box and to get off the Earth as quickly as possible people click through any popup in the vicinity!

I was bewildered how DJI was able to put 3DR out to pasture with a single death punch. It certainly wasn't an eloquent move by any means. DJI announced the Mavic was coming out six months before it did. Either way 3DR found itself floundering at the bottom of a skyrocketing industry and didn't have enough time to say "yeah but"........booom (canon volley with Katniss looking up at the days toll).

To this point i have even kept my personal disdain for what DJI has done to US... its own loyal customers. Seriously now. I1 rendered basically useless by the P4 which was rendered useless shortly after the Chinese New Year announcement that DJI was taking 3-5 weeks off and see you later. 3 weeks or 5 weeks....hello?

So here i am with a I1 and a P4 which parts will no longer be made for. Who cares about he I1 which has a ferromagnetic compass which was fixed as fast as the DJI wand was waived. Where does one suppose that information was obtained? Either downloaded info or 3DRs solution to flying the solo with precision vs. the I1 learning to walk (indoors).

I just cannot see spending another yen on a company that is apparently harvesting information from each flight to keep in step with the planned obsolescence DJI does not have to engage in but chooses to engage in. Sorry your 2015 Tahoe will no longer have OEM replacement parts. However you may purchase them from this enterprising group who has bought the barely used lot of them in order to chop them up and serve the parts to you on a schedule which rivals De Beers. So you will pay twice as much for the vehicle we no longer make. We decided to suspend production for one very good reason.

We don't feel like it. Just as important...it doesn't fall in line with our business model which is a downpour of currency at all times. We will not stand for lulls in this downpour we have become accustomed to.

For those of you too young to care. Rubies, emeralds and sapphire are more rare than the diamond. The thing is that you cannot have a monopoly in the US. While De Beers has a safe the size of every bank in Switzerland, the Cayman Islands and some other country. They control the price of the less than rare diamonds by doling them out a few at a time each year.

End user agreement that you accept or deny when you first use the Go App will tell if your data is shared. Any business that cares how their info is used would read this BEFORE accepting the agreement and using the product. If you read the agreement all this should be stated and then you decide if this is an acceptable security risk or not. Guess you just pressed "AGREE" because you wanted to get started

Take it up with DJI.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth