Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Matrice 200 Info Thread

Much longer flight time... expandable later... many more options for commercial work.

However, most of us want more than 4 rotors when putting that kind of money in the air.

I'd say longer flight time, yes. Expandable later, who knows. With dji, the only safe bet is to expect 90% of what it is promoted to do and what will work with it when you buy it. If something pops up later, that's a bonus.

The m210 has a bunch more things it can do industrially out of the box. What does the m200 have that jumps out at you besides more flight time? Is carrying a Z30 and and zenmuseXT the only thing? I expect dji and/or other vendors will offer a thermo imaging payload for the i2.

I'd say longer flight time, yes. Expandable later, who knows. With dji, the only safe bet is to expect 90% of what it is promoted to do and what will work with it when you buy it. If something pops up later, that's a bonus.

The m210 has a bunch more things it can do industrially out of the box. What does the m200 have that jumps out at you besides more flight time? Is carrying a Z30 and and zenmuseXT the only thing? I expect dji and/or other vendors will offer a thermo imaging payload for the i2.
I agree... that's why I'm waiting for more props in the M line and thermal/ndvi for the I2.

One thing to keep in mind as well is that DJI is not promoting this as a film makers drone. In their FAQs they say this:

1. I’m a filmmaker, is this the best option for me?
Although the M200 Series’ water resistant build, long flight time and compatible cameras might be attractive to filmmakers, DJI recommends professional filmmakers use the Inspire 2 due to its available SSD slot, transforming design for an unobstructed view and CineCore image processing system.

And the landing gear do not retract so camera panning would always look at the landing gear as you spin around...and I think you would see the batteries by the time you were looking backwards anyway.

This copter was really targeted towards the industrial user - and I do agree that someone may have a whole lot invested in their payload as they fly a Z30 and high end XT camera.

Reactions: EDDSkitz
I agree... that's why I'm waiting for more props in the M line and thermal/ndvi for the I2.

Yup. I think the m210 looks like an amazing advancement in RTF industrial sUAS. But with the $$ payloads it will be carrying, let alone the cost of the unit itself. Redundancy in the power train needs addressed. Heck. it doesn't even come with a parachute out of the box. Kidding about that part. But more motors makes sense even if it is a little less efficient. IMHO

And still only 4 motors....

Holding my breath for a 6 or 8

Yeah, I am a big fan of the M600 myself. We just delivered one to a client in FL who is working with a local fire department and a search and rescue. While the M600 provides the redundancy of 6 motors, it is really big. We had been talking also about the Matrice 100 line for just carrying a basic camera or an XT. That provides an increase in flight time from eh Inspire 1 and gives you dual batteries. We shipped an M600 Pro to Alaska a couple weeks ago and that will mostly be for inspection work and they can accommodate the size of the copter and its really big case.

I do think there is going to be a good market for the M210 - and the M200 might just be the copter people buy instead of the Inspire 1 that only need 1 camera and are happy with it being bottom mounted (like we are all used to).

The film maker clients we talk to all hope the top mounted camera makes its way into a video copter sometime soon.

Yup. I think the m210 looks like an amazing advancement in RTF industrial sUAS. But with the $$ payloads it will be carrying, let alone the cost of the unit itself. Redundancy in the power train needs addressed. Heck. it doesn't even come with a parachute out of the box. Kidding about that part. But more motors makes sense even if it is a little less efficient. IMHO
What I liked about RC copters was the ability to autorotate in emergency... and RC used to be so expensive that it was a huge draw for me.

I do think there is going to be a good market for the M210 - and the M200 might just be the copter people buy instead of the Inspire 1 that only need 1 camera and are happy with it being bottom mounted
So did I make a mistake by ordering an I2 for survey and mapping, or should i now sell that and migrate to the M200 ?

So did I make a mistake by ordering an I2 for survey and mapping, or should i now sell that and migrate to the M200 ?
I'd say no... I bought it as an all around until an appropriate commercial UAS comes out.
Only a matter of time before thermal and NDVI come to the I2... looks like the adapter from the M200 for a XT ****may*** work being as those cameras have the processor inside.

I talked to someone from SD yesterday for a while about the same thing. He just got his I2 and activated it a few days ago. I really think it depends on the camera you need to use for the work that you do. If you don't need to fly an XT for thermal work and you don't need to fly a Z30 for inspections I think the Inspire 2 is a good choice. The nice thing about the Inspire 2 is that you have the option to use it for higher end photography and video work as well. The landing gear gets up and out to the way for you. You have good lenses available for the X5S. The flight time is reasonable - although many wish it were a little more - but an extra set of batteries or two normally can solve that problem as long as you can land and then resume your mission you were doing.

If you had a use for an XT or a X30, etc you probably would not have bought the Inspire 2 anyway, so my assumption is that you probably got the right copter.

I think the M200 users know definitively who they are. They are probably the ones who were uttering some choice words to themselves when the Inspire 2 was released because they could not change to it and still be abel to do their work. They are the ones flying the Inspire 1s that wish they had a little better option - or have been trying to figure out how to carry around a Z30 without having to go to something as big as an M600.

I'd say no... I bought it as an all around until an appropriate commercial UAS comes out.
Only a matter of time before thermal and NDVI come to the I2... looks like the adapter from the M200 for a XT ****may*** work being as those cameras have the processor inside.

Agreed. Its all about the firmware on the copter and if DJI allows the Inspire 2 to use that adapter at some point.

Reactions: EDDSkitz
Yeah, I am a big fan of the M600 myself. We just delivered one to a client in FL who is working with a local fire department and a search and rescue. While the M600 provides the redundancy of 6 motors, it is really big. We had been talking also about the Matrice 100 line for just carrying a basic camera or an XT. That provides an increase in flight time from eh Inspire 1 and gives you dual batteries. We shipped an M600 Pro to Alaska a couple weeks ago and that will mostly be for inspection work and they can accommodate the size of the copter and its really big case.

I do think there is going to be a good market for the M210 - and the M200 might just be the copter people buy instead of the Inspire 1 that only need 1 camera and are happy with it being bottom mounted (like we are all used to).

The film maker clients we talk to all hope the top mounted camera makes its way into a video copter sometime soon.

Imagine the m210 capability in a Y-6 configuration foldable frame. Redundancy with a similar footprint and gobs of thrust to weight ratio for working in wind or crazy vortices found in various infrustructer. DJI would own the segment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1