Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dji support - what the hell

Reaction score
Hey fellas

I contacted dji support about a month ago, because of a crash I had that I believed to be caused by a bug in the software or something. It could be easy figured out by them looking at the flight logs.

Surprise surprise, they only started addressing my issue exactly a month later, which coincides with the time it takes for the flight logs to start overlapping (therefore the record of my flight is now gone). I didn't know about this so I didn't do a backup. In fact, I thought that by syncing the flights on the dji account would also transfer that information, so I thought it was already there for them to access. Apparently the flight information on the drone and the one that can be synced in the Pilot App are totally different things.

Now its impossible for them to analyze what happened. What I told them was that it wasn't my fault that they took so long to answer me, in fact, they advertise 24/7 customer support but the live chat always redirects me to email, and therefore they should automatically assume the mistake (the customer is always right type deal).

Now that the guy admitted that it was their fault and I'm right, I told them they should resolve the issue by replacing the parts that were broken (sent them pictures and information). At this point the guy just says "I'm sorry this happened to you". I replied by saying "I know Dji is overwhelmed with customer support, it must be really hard for you guys to do your job, but I must insist that you try and resolve this issue in the best way you can" and went on and explained once more the parts that were broken etc, and he replied once again with only an apology.

If they dont want to replace the parts for me, they should just say it, not pretend to not understand that part and just say "sorry".

Here is a response that I got after 4 emails of me explaining why I'm entitled to be compensated:
"
Hi Jose,

I'm just being involved in your case dated from Jun.24th and I'm sorry for the unpleasant experience you have suffered.
But you are totally correct that it's not your fault that email not being response in a timely manner.
Again, I'm sorry for that.

With regards
DJI Technical Support10
"

It doesn't even make any sense. He has all the emails in front of him, he could just read the last one and get up to speed and understand the entire situation and address it properly. What does he expect? for the conversation to end here? I dont understand.

Apple for instance always tries to blame issues on the customers first before anything else, and denies free replacements or any free service. But at least they have the decency to give a reply instead of avoiding the issue. If you insist on them, you eventually get what you need, if you really deserve it obviously.

Well sorry for venting, maybe someone can learn from this experience.

Cheers!

AGREE! DJI support needs a lot of work. You would think, that by now, it would be up to par with Best Buy. Do you remember their support? :|

Reactions: Solid
Nope, im from Portugal we dont have Best Buy :p

But we do have similar stores that are just the same. They only push products in an aggressive way to meet their commissions and know nothing about what they are selling. And I presume they did what they do here at similar stores - "oh you have a problem with this product? you need to contact the brand we are just the middleman".

When I didnt have a degree and a job, I applied to work at a store like that because I knew I would bring a whole lot of value to their support and sales, but they denied me because I'm that sort of person that would take way too much time making the customers happy instead of just selling and avoiding issues. They should hire the guy from dji that is contacting me instead, he seems to be the person for the job

this type of service is characteristic of DJI. I've gone round and round with onlines sales and all I ever get is "best regards"

Hey Solid, Sorry to hear about the crappy service. Most of us have dealt with it at some point or another. I know it does not help now but maybe it will give you peace of mind knowing that they eventually do help. You may want to contact @Tahoe Ed or @blade strike on this issue since it seams like it is agreed you are right but it is taking some time. That being said, how did the log record over itself? Does this mean you have continued to fly? Also, where in Portugal are you located. I am from Sao Miguel.

Just my nickel, but I read "But you are totally correct that it's not your fault that email not being response in a timely manner."

As they are just agreeing that the delay in email response is not your fault, they didn't agree the mishap was not your fault ???

I had my inspire 1 for repair the camera sudenly stop working .I belive the firmware corupt on the camera .i have it for two month never crash never had hard landing now in dji repair center at least 6-8 weeks for repair . But why they need 6 week for repair that small problem ? If your guy buy a new car and have a flattire and bring to the deeler for repair you have to leave the car there for 6-8 weeks for repair no matter what kind of problem is .what do you think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had my inspire 1 for repair the camera sudenly stop working .I belive the firmware corupt on the camera .i have it for two month never crash never had hard landing now in dji repair center at least 6-8 weeks for repair . But why they need 6 week for repair that small problem ? If your guy buy a new car and have a flattire and bring to the deeler for repair you have to leave the car there for 6-8 weeks for repair no matter what kind of problem is .what do you think?

First, it sucks to have to go through the incredible long wait. However, you cannot equate that to a flat tire. Why? Because cars exists in the hundreds of millions. They have been around for over a hundred years. There are very deep service channels from dealers and independents. Quadcopters are very new and only a handful of manufacturers by comparison. It's bleeding edge technology as well. There are always bumps in the road with this kind of innovation.
I work in the music service business and even though music instruments have been around a long time, it's a very small industry when comparing to autos. You can't get a keyboard repaired at any old gas station for example.

I hope you get it back soon...

Geo

Reactions: DCGOO
Yes sir it depent what kind of problem is ? But in my case problem is reload firmware for the camera it take less a minute .the camera not damage or drop...
And that job was the job I have to do every day load firmware into Epromt ...this job is very simble and fast .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84