Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Tech fixed my "bricked" battery.

Reaction score
When doing the firmware upgrade for my slave rremote, I bricked my battery. I had no lights, and got no lights when connecting to the charger. In chat with tech support they told me to put the battery in the aircraft with the bin file in the flash drive. I thought it was a waste of time because the battery wouldn't power up. But as soon as I slipped the battery into place (and without pushing the "power button") the aircraft began beeping and the lights began flashing as they do in a normal firmware flash.

After 12 minutes it is still flashing, but I am pretty sure this is going to work, so I thought I'd pass the word on right a way, will follow up post as soon as the update is complete. Should only be a few more minutes.

OK, it's fixed. It kept flashing yellow, and beeping, (for over an hour) so I turned on the transmitter, and it linked to the AC, so I shut off the battery, and then it turned on fine. Still hasn't updated the battery firmware according to the app. But it all works fine now.

Last edited:
I was just packing up my bricked TB48 when I saw your post. Unfortunately, mine is just as dead in the Inspire as it is on the bench.

I thought the battery's warranty was three months, and today is exactly three months since it was delivered. But the DJI guy said that the battery warranty is six months. He also said it would take 5 to 6 weeks to get a replacement. He also didn't suggest your tick.

When doing the firmware upgrade for my slave rremote, I bricked my battery. I had no lights, and got no lights when connecting to the charger. In chat with tech support they told me to put the battery in the aircraft with the bin file in the flash drive. I thought it was a waste of time because the battery wouldn't power up. But as soon as I slipped the battery into place (and without pushing the "power button") the aircraft began beeping and the lights began flashing as they do in a normal firmware flash.

After 12 minutes it is still flashing, but I am pretty sure this is going to work, so I thought I'd pass the word on right a way, will follow up post as soon as the update is complete. Should only be a few more minutes.

OK, it's fixed. It kept flashing yellow, and beeping, (for over an hour) so I turned on the transmitter, and it linked to the AC, so I shut off the battery, and then it turned on fine. Still hasn't updated the battery firmware according to the app. But it all works fine now.
Welcome frank508, check out http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/bay-area-pilots.1352/
May 30th, big Bay Area meet up... Wherever it finally ends up... Hope to see yah there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla