Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Zenmuze Xtthermal camera

Reaction score
Website
www.peregrinepap.com
G'day
Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I'm currently looking for a thermal camera to run on a Inspire 1 and a M600 pro, so far the Zenmuse Xt versions seem the easiest solutions but seem very pricey for what they are.

Questions I have are.

It looks to me that the Flir Vue Pro TI camera is the same as the XT on the gimble.
If this is the case this camera seems to be available for under $10k AU dollars? This would mean then the gimble is about $6-7K AU!

This seems a bit odd, so did a bit of hunting about and it looks to me the X3 camera gimble is the same as the gimble for the XT??

Knowing this would be way to simple to go and buy a cheap new or second hand X3 and cannibalize it and fit it to the Flir Vue Pro for a very low cost!

Has anyone tried it??!!

cheers;)

These things may look alike, but that doesn't mean that the signals or the wire connections will be obvious. The XT also needs some extra stabilization and vibration insulation that the x3 gimble might not provide. You might not get the same control at the RC that you have with the RTF model. There is a lot of information at the FLIR website that might help. sUAS Product Resources | FLIR Systems You also might think about going a different way. Hard mount a FLIR Vue (e.g., forget the gimbal) as suggested at this page FLIR Vue | FLIR Systems

We looked at a number of FLiR camera and options, and although the XT is expensive, it is fully integrated into the DJI system, and software. The images files have EXIF information directly into them from the flight controller. Its annoying as we have a FLIR TAU 2 640 sat here that i cant integrate!

Ahh, wow that's perfect for my needed application. So if I understand this correctly, with the software you can spot temperature check anywhere you are touching on the screen? How about play back and touching the screen at the desired location? Thanks for your assistance.
Mike

no - you can look on the go app and see the temp - but this is live on the scene - its not like you can play back when in the office and click on a point to check temp - Im unsure whether external FLIR software would allow post analysis like this.

Other cameras do allow this - but in the UK they're around 20k for a 12hz version, so not good.

Im waiting for the new thermal camera for the I2 to come out, but in the meantime are looking at a new gimbal solution to mount the TAU2 hopefully as a second camera on I2. Just looking at a third patty flight controller to get CM accuracy while Im at it.

Hi crew

Well this has started a bit of chat. A new flir?, question is is it like a xt plug straight in?
For all the stuffing around the Xt does sound a lot less hassel and can swap easily from an inspirecto a m600 if needed. As a single operator all the other ideas with 2 remotes wont work for me.
Dronesexperts seem to have some good ideas.
And im guessing here in Australia we will be restricted fromvgetting the full res versions out of the US ..

We looked at a number of FLiR camera and options, and although the XT is expensive, it is fully integrated into the DJI system, and software. The images files have EXIF information directly into them from the flight controller. Its annoying as we have a FLIR TAU 2 640 sat here that i cant integrate!
Hi
Try drone expert in the Netherlands i have been chatting to them they may be able to help you.
Cheers
Crunch

I did some searching this evening and there is a DJI dealer come pro aerial videography business and they had listed on their web site radiometric XT Flir cameras (anything with the Flir stamp is expensive). Also on the Flir website you can download the free Flir Tools program for both mac and pc. There is an interesting video that shows how you can import images, analyse the images, change colours and click anywhere on the image and get a temperature reading, create custom reports for your clients and so on. The cameras all work with the I1 set up. I did send Flir an email with some questions regarding the new XT camera and I can report back if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

I did some searching this evening and there is a DJI dealer come pro aerial videography business and they had listed on their web site radiometric XT Flir cameras (anything with the Flir stamp is expensive). Also on the Flir website you can download the free Flir Tools program for both mac and pc. There is an interesting video that shows how you can import images, analyse the images, change colours and click anywhere on the image and get a temperature reading, create custom reports for your clients and so on. The cameras all work with the I1 set up. I did send Flir an email with some questions regarding the new XT camera and I can report back if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots
G'day
seeing your online what was the website if i may ask?

cheers

Multicopter Warehouse there was another site that I did not bookmark but looking now lol. Single operator should be just fine in my opinion.

DJI Zenmuse XT Performance and Radiometric - FLIR Drone Thermal Imaging Camera
Hi
Yes had seen this site, I was trying to avoid the $12k US price tag about $15k AU here, hence the hunting about for other ideas. It does seem the easy way to go with the XT.

But the comments by someone here saying DJI are releasing another one scares me! buying something that will change again..

cheers

That was me saying about a new camera, its the XT Radiometric Thermal Camera. I sent DJI an email also about this new series of cameras as it's spot point temperature capable to 1/10th of a degree. I think there is definitely a market for this but when you think of 10K + in the air its time to bring some clean underwear along :)

:):)
ARRG Yes the $$ do make things tighten up especially flying over water!

Only thing I have to worry about for this job is Eagles! One company has lost 6 craft already, then worked out dont fly in the middle of the day! No thermals in the morning..
thanks for the help, i'll ponder the ideas
cheers

Reactions: zulu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaunaMacke