Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Does anyone else think some forum members need an attitude re-adjust?

Reaction score
Im sorry to Rant but after been here for a short period of time i have seen far too many sarcastic insults and people talking down to everyone as if they are gods for knowing their way around an inspire.

Ive experienced it first hand myself and it really is spoiling the forum for me. (cue the sarky well leave remark)

There is no call for it at all and i appreciate people may get fed up of answering the same questions but thats part of any forum..... You have to be patient and understand people dont know as much as you because in reality you would be the same if learning yourself.

Please learn some humility as its pathetic bullying in my opinion and it shows alot about your real life persona.

Agree with me or not i respect your opinion but ive found this place one of the most hostile ive visited and thats a shame.

FINALLY I must stress there is some excellent helpful kind folk on here too.You have helped me no end and i want to say Thank you.

My 2p Thanks
Mick

Agree with me or not i respect your opinion but ive found this place one of the most hostile ive visited and thats a shame.
Well I have to disagree with you on this.Sure sometimes I read some posts or answers wich I dislike,but been on al kind of forums this forum is always a relief if you compare other forums.
For the Inspire I visit other forums too and things are much (MUCH) worse there.
But I'm happy with your thoughts and hope you visit this forum a lot.:)

Reactions: giumick
Well I have to disagree with you on this.Sure sometimes I read some posts or answers wich I dislike,but been on al kind of forums this forum is always a relief if you compare other forums.
For the Inspire I visit other forums too and things are much (MUCH) worse there.
But I'm happy with your thoughts and hope you visit this forum a lot.:)

And yeah there is far worse i agree but i didnt expect it on such serious subject focused site.

Cheers
Mick

And yeah there is far worse i agree but i didnt expect it on such serious subject focused site.

Cheers
Mick

and remember too, we’re a bunch of misfits seeing if you can take the heat or get out of the kitchen! Lot’s of good information here, and good people too! But, there are slams, gym towel snapping and a at'ta’boy to be had, so what do you expect from mostly men here, Champagne and cheese?

Last edited:
and remember too, we’re a bunch of misfits seeing if you can take the heat or get out of the kitchen! Lot’s of good information here, and good people too! But, there are slams, gym towel snapping and a at'ta’boy to be had, so what do you expect from mostly men here, Champagne and cheese?

I agree there is alot of knowledge and great people on here once you get the passed the people who stroke DJIs leg.

And after working in engineering for so many years i am fully aware of banter and slight sarcasm for jokes etc but thats all it is banter and fun. I see people on here write posts with such a bitter edge to it that i think they should just let someone else reply and sort their life out.

Maybe there home life sucks, there a loser in real life who knows but if it stresses you out so much that you have to snarl at everyone who asks a question then just dont bother. And finally i will disagree all day long on one thing. Arrogance on here is high, it is just a cheapy chinese drone we all fly here not a multi million pound complicated system that makes you a legend for knowing. Treat how you wish to be treated yourself etc.

Cheers
Mick

I see people on here write posts with such a bitter edge to it that i think they should just let someone else reply and sort their life out.

You can always choose to ignore those members. Can calm down the blood pressure. It is a function you can switch on.
Or report to the moderators. They are doing a great job in keeping things decent and fair over here.
Best moderated forum I have seen so far.

You can always choose to ignore those members. Can calm down the blood pressure. It is a function you can switch on.
Or report to the moderators. They are doing a great job in keeping things decent and fair over here.
Best moderated forum I have seen so far.
Agreed!

i appreciate people may get fed up of answering the same questions but thats part of any forum.....
It's not a replacement for laziness though - if folk used the search function first before asking the question they would likely find the answer and reduce the frustration for others. Just being devils advocate; this forum is one of the best ones but, the number of repeated threads could be reduced with a few minutes of DIY first.

I agree there all fair points and i may well have to fire up the ignore feature haha. When people used to talk me like this on car forums i always had the pleasure of seeing why they do when meeting at big meets etc as there always losers and spineless in the flesh.

Btw if anyone ever wants any r/c advice just drop me a pm and id be happy to help, even if your unsure what to buy hobby wise etc. I wont talk to you like your off the bottom of my boot just because i have experience :)

Peace
Mick

Reactions: Canada Goose
I'm new to this forum, and have been searching exhaustively for information relevant to my requirements. I've found a lot, and discovered many are in the same boat (need imput) as well.

As far as snark, this is one of the most positive forums I've been across. Yes, there is the occasional "you are a dumbass" type comment, but it is usually a difference in opinion/expectation.

And lastly, thick skin is a requirement on any forum. After a while you get to know the know it alls, nay sayers, and Debbie downers. Just move on and don't take anything personally.

Reactions: Thatius Dudeson
I'm new to this forum, and have been searching exhaustively for information relevant to my requirements. I've found a lot, and discovered many are in the same boat (need imput) as well.

As far as snark, this is one of the most positive forums I've been across. Yes, there is the occasional "you are a dumbass" type comment, but it is usually a difference in opinion/expectation.

And lastly, thick skin is a requirement on any forum. After a while you get to know the know it alls, nay sayers, and Debbie downers. Just move on and don't take anything personally.

Im fully aware thick skin is needed on a forum but i hate the fact people on here dish out and you have to bite your tongue to be professional. If it was a general chit chat forum you'd tell them where to shove it

I remember back when I first joined an RC flying club. I was new and you have to earn your wings to fly by yourself at their field. They flight tested my trainer and had it doing all kinds of stunts to see if it would fall apart. When they landed it they made sure it was at the end of the runway a 1/4 mile away. So I had to fetch it. In life there will always be the ones who want to test you. There will be the ones who really are nice and help you. There will be ones who don't talk to you at all. It's life and I think riding the wave with a skin that grows thicker makes you better in life.....:) Kevin

I remember back when I first joined an RC flying club. I was new and you have to earn your wings to fly by yourself at their field. They flight tested my trainer and had it doing all kinds of stunts to see if it would fall apart. When they landed it they made sure it was at the end of the runway a 1/4 mile away. So I had to fetch it. In life there will always be the ones who want to test you. There will be the ones who really are nice and help you. There will be ones who don't talk to you at all. It's life and I think riding the wave with a skin that grows thicker makes you better in life.....:) Kevin

I agree i have to say pal but i also must say that coming from engineering to camera work i have found the video world has some of the biggest, nastiest burks ive ever met in my life. Alot of them were definitely bullied at school as they relish any chance to talk you down and hate sharing advice haha. Ive taught countless apprentices over the years and was simply not taught to be so unhelpful.

Ive been on alot of forums over the years where people spoke to you like dirt and the sadest thing about this one is i will never get to meet them in person and feel better when i see how pathetic they are. They always change their tune in person as there just little losers acting our their pent up rage.

Certainly people can be bitter and negative but compared to other forums, even professional ones, the majority of people on here are really helpful, I've found!

I see you're still around giumick so I guess we are not to bad of a bunch.

Of course not scoob and it was never intended to by a generic statement for all so sorry if your took it that way.

I have found some very helpful people on here and its got me through some annoying issues. But that said there is still folk on here id rather kick in the nuts if i met them over shake their hand lol

I have always bent over backwards to help people and that seems a dying thing these days.

Reactions: NickU
Of course not scoob and it was never intended to by a generic statement for all so sorry if your took it that way.

I have found some very helpful people on here and its got me through some annoying issues. But that said there is still folk on here id rather kick in the nuts if i met them over shake their hand lol

I have always bent over backwards to help people and that seems a dying thing these days.
I actually didn't take it any way, was just making an observation. I'm actually glad to see you are still around. Yeah there are some rough ones on here for sure. It does seem to be a dying thing these days unfortunately, which is why I try to help when I can. Happy to see you stuck around my friend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08