Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Downtown Chicago 4k Night footage

Nice performance at night. Any particular settings you concentrate on to minimize the grain? I haven't flown very much at night, short of a futile attempt at capturing a particularly large full moon, but what I have filmed typically looks far too grainy to be of any use.

Nice performance at night. Any particular settings you concentrate on to minimize the grain? I haven't flown very much at night, short of a futile attempt at capturing a particularly large full moon, but what I have filmed typically looks far too grainy to be of any use.

Light light light is the key to shooting at night. Settings were full auto with these scenes, I am still learning the manual setting.

Hey, this is the best drone video that I have seen. You have great skills. Have you got any tips for me like to to reduce noise, did you do any of that in post? Thanks :)

Question for your about city flying...one thing I have difficulty with is finding a decent place to take off from, this is of course without trying to infringe on private property, I get **** range in the city, so I try to stay fairly close to my home point. I'm not familiar with Chicago, maybe there is an abundant amount of parks? are you taking off from sidewalks?

I am going flying tonight. Visiting downtown and looking for suggestions on where best night shooting is?

Mark

Hey all, sorry its been awhile since I've been on here, no de noise filter was applied, i just made sure what i was shooting had enough light. also just used the auto settings in 4k, no adjustments. All of the scenes I took off from an open location and had line of sight the whole time. The trump tower was an exception, had to take off next to the river on the sidewalk and it was a bit tricky. At the time GPS signal would drop out at times but that was prior to the update that addressed that, haven't had time to shoot recently but will be back in the air soon!

you posted this on the DJI site well over a month ago under a different username
what's your purpose posting it here under a different username? (cops after you?)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo