Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Draft Inspire 1 User Manual

Noted a few things in manual that were not previously obvious.

1. Independent 360 panning of camera (which I thought was a really cool feature) is only available with dual master/slave controls.
2. Optical stabilization feature can feature can be turned off. Wonder if that extends battery time.

Keep your pets away from the aircraft when Optical Flow system is activated. The sonar sensor emits
high frequency sound that is only audible to some pets.

I'd also like to be able control the panning of the camera while on an automated ground station mission with one controller in master mode. I don't see why this is not possible.

Hello, really looking forward to getting the Inspire 1, as above it seems that;
Independent 360 panning of camera (which I thought was a really cool feature) is only available with dual master/slave controls.

a bit of a shame as a single operator, but won't cancel my order because of it, would of been nice on the right hand dial and move the camera settings onto the screen, IMHO with my limited knowledge and experience.

Thanks to DJI though for what looks like a great UAV. And thanks to Adam for putting this forum together.

Cheers Mark

Hello, really looking forward to getting the Inspire 1, as above it seems that;

a bit of a shame as a single operator, but won't cancel my order because of it, would of been nice on the right hand dial and move the camera settings onto the screen, IMHO with my limited knowledge and experience.

Thanks to DJI though for what looks like a great UAV. And thanks to Adam for putting this forum together.

Cheers Mark

That capability is only a software update away. I believe Eric Chang was asked this question in the "Tested" review and replied it may be possible in a future software update. I would be concerned about the increased possibility of pilot disorientation with the camera pointing a different direction from the nose of the craft.

For me personally, I find it more intuitive to just rotate the bird to get the same effect.

Where did you find this in the manual? What did it say? I could find only reference to the +/- 330 degree rotation for pan axis. From the videos it looks like greater than 360 degree rotation is possible. I guess this is possible with 2 controllers and starting at +330 degrees clockwise pan. Then slave controller can pan the gimbal counterclockwise from +330 degrees through 0 degrees and then continue on through -330 degrees. Thus with careful planning, the gimbal can be panned through 660 degrees.

Steve

Noted a few things in manual that were not previously obvious.

1. Independent 360 panning of camera (which I thought was a really cool feature) is only available with dual master/slave controls.
2. Optical stabilization feature can feature can be turned off. Wonder if that extends battery time.

Reactions: ibarch

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool