Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drone Deploy first attempt Trailing this Programme

Reaction score
http://drdp.ly/KERoxi
Click the Link 10 Minute Flight Data collected.
Very Impressed my first attempt used Inpire 1 with X3 ( did try with Z3 first it stopped in mid flight)
Dunfermline Abbey Fife Scotland where Robert the Bruce Remains are Buried.
Click the Link for a View
http://drdp.ly/KERoxi

very impressive... I did one of a georgian house to see if it could be done fairly swiftly... I down rezzed my files so the internet would swallow them (slow connection at home) and shot it with a phantom p3p... Its amazing what can be done... I used it for a presentation and the owners were thrilled!

My next attempt was dreadful!

People tell me that Pix4D is worth working with...

H

Looked at Pix seems a bit steep on price.
That was below 10 mins flight 111 Photos uploaded and returned very quick.
Possibility to improve with another flyover.
All a learning curve.
But I am going to commit to Drone Deploy has a lot of other Mapping features

Looked at Pix seems a bit steep on price.
That was below 10 mins flight 111 Photos uploaded and returned very quick.
Possibility to improve with another flyover.
All a learning curve.
But I am going to commit to Drone Deploy has a lot of other Mapping features

I'm looking to start using drone deploy. Any tips for first time users?

I'm looking to start using drone deploy. Any tips for first time users?
Hi, The App is very easy if you have downloaded it, I have not used Simulator but did Programme flight through App, I know he Site well had photographed with Phantom 2 V +,Phantom 3 PRO and Inspire.
Ensure you close DJI GO first.You can always stop and return to Home.Go and practice in a good flying Area you know first no Obstacles etc. Go for 80% overlap.

80% overlap is definitely the way to go.

I'll also add that if your goal is to make a 3D model in DroneDeploy, it's helpful to manually fly an orbit around a point of interest in DJI GO. Point the camera at the POI so its roughly at a 45 degree angle and fly the POI orbit. Manually take a photo at every clock position and upload these photos to DD with your autonomous flight photos. The manually captured oblique photos help with creating vertical surfaces that the DD rendering engine can have trouble with when only using the autonomous flight photos.

I got this tip from one of the DD software engineers during their user conference last month and it worked out extremely well for me:

Rock Fort by Talon Six Aerial - 3D model

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP