Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drone fishing

JMK

Reaction score
Who in here uses their drone for fishing and what’s the biggest or heaviest bait you have used without having any issue?
Also what did you use to drop the bait.

I think you're in the wrong forum?

You might try finding the SwellPro Fishing Drone forums, like splashdroneforums.com or SwellPro's FaceBook pages.

No way would I try to fly an Inspire out of a fishing boat or a kayak or even off the dock or shore. There are several 'release mechanisms for inspire' that google will find for you. But I'd bet nobody's using them for fishing.

Inspires are one of the best drones for flying a camera with a big sensor and optics over stuff to get fine videos and photos, but they're no good in close quarters.

SwellPro comes built for fishing, can take water landings, is small enough to land on the deck of a kayak, can drop lots of baits or be used for trolling.

You might try finding the SwellPro Fishing Drone forums, like splashdroneforums.com or SwellPro's FaceBook pages.

No way would I try to fly an Inspire out of a fishing boat or a kayak or even off the dock or shore. There are several 'release mechanisms for inspire' that google will find for you. But I'd bet nobody's using them for fishing.

Inspires are one of the best drones for flying a camera with a big sensor and optics over stuff to get fine videos and photos, but they're no good in close quarters.

SwellPro comes built for fishing, can take water landings, is small enough to land on the deck of a kayak, can drop lots of baits or be used for trolling.
There are a few here in Hawaii that use I1 from the cliff to fly their lures out to sea...

Reactions: pelagic_one

I have talked with a few people who uses there inspire to drop bait but wanted to see how much weight they can handle .

I pulled the cameras off, the I1 and use them to drag out about 400m of 50lb braid, I typically run about 100-150g of sinkers, with 3 hooks, all up weight of the tackle/bait about 600-700g..

THe I1, has been super relaible, gets the job done perfectly.

Interestingly i'm just in the process of thinking about flying a fish finder bouy out. and doing 'dip scans', having a look to see if there are fish on my marks... :) They only weigh in at about 150g, they are desigend to be cast on a surfcaster, so must definately a possiblity to fly out.

Inspire1s' are super stable, and now becoming very affordable 2nd hand. A useable payload of about 600g, take your camera off. The cope with wind really well. I' regually fly mine off the beach, or jetty. Theres no need to fly off a boat, becuase if you have a boat, you can go to the spot you want to fish with it.

No one uses drones for fishing off boats, because it makes NO sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44