Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drone Rules to Land Soon: FAA

AMA Website!? HA! I am talking about flying professionally/commercially. In the US, right now you MUST get your 333 to fly professionally. If you want to just be a park flyer, then you don't need anything, but if you want to fly with the proper insurance and at places like the National Parks (like we just did in Monument Valley and in Moab for Toyota ) you need the COA, end of story. Or you can just take the risk and see what happens, maybe it will work out for you. If you want to do film or TV (like we do) then you need the COA. Just take a look at the FAA's website, it's pretty well spelled out.

Who said I was flying under the radar? I fly legally as of yesterday under a COA for Class G airspace. I am not a pilot, I have passed the pilots knowledge exam, have a class 2 medical certificate, have attended manufacturers training. And endured the two year COA process. I never said I was commercial. I am employed by a public agency.
Your putting words in my mouth. I did not say you specificly. I was curious how you were legal under an exemption with no license. I have not researched the coa process. Only the 333 exemption.

Last edited:
OMG! all I want to do is shoot pretty video with a tool that is as much of a game changer in the production world as the Steadicam was in the 70's. Why does everything have to be so difficult! Ah, don't answer that.... it's because the world has a good dose of stupid people..... I feel better getting it off my chest though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kajal142