Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Droners.IO featured pilots

I kinda feel bad for pilots that are trying to make a go of it with just a drone. My company has been doing high end video production and photography work for 30+ years. We initially sub-contracted out the drone work until it was more lucrative to do it ourselves. Our Inspire Pro X5 is just one of many tools in the toolbox. We started out doing quite a bit of drone work but that has steadily declined. Now it's back to the basics and business is good. I do use the Inspire occasionally but the "thrill is gone" for most of my clients. Not that they don't want aerials anymore but the new has definitely faded. We use our drone services as an up-sell for work we are already contracted for. I'm lucky in that we have a sales team that keeps us very busy. And no matter how good you think you are at flying a drone - the key to success is SELLING your services. Being good at flying is just a prerequisite.... and relying on some 3rd party service that sells your drone skills for fish bait is a dead end as many are finding out. Just my 2 cents.
I would so agree. I normally skip the emails that come from droners.io now as the work bids are so cheap, unless your the only show in town it is extremely tough to make money. I am currently logged into here looking for a new market to get into with my 107 and Inspire2. The dream has faded and the real estate work is far from making a profit in the long term.

I had noticed lots of the people who post jobs in there are a bit of a mess when it comes to communication skills . Just about 2 weeks ago this lady posted her first job with no budget i sent her a note and a price with samples of what i had done in the past she wanted to do a few of her listings for 75$ each but she also wanted me to do a free one to see if she was ok with it and asked me to get my email so we could continue talking outside of droners.io . First email she asked if it was possible for me to do 50$ per property and she will keep bringing work my way lol .. A day later i got a notification that she hired someone else .

I honestly dont know how some of the people that look for pilots on this site still run a business . Just got another email from someone who was looking for a pilot to shoot 2 houses one in malibu 7.2 millions another one in beverly hills listed for just over 10 MIL . this man pulled me out of droners and offered me 85$ for each property ..... yup 85$ ... at least 30 mins of 4k video and 50 pictures . I blocked him for good , where do this people get their pricing ideas from ??

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84