Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DSLRpros FPV

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hello all,

I just got finished installing the DSLRpros FPV Camera mod into one of my Inspire Aircraft and I am having problems with video SYNC to the long range diversity receiver Display. Seems to be a Black Pearl model but they slapped their Logo on it too. The OSD is not displaying in the proper position on the monitor so you can't really see what's going on with the telemetry coming from the I1. I was originally going to go with another cam and monitor setup but found this on Ebay NEW so I bought it. The seller stated that he couldn't install the kit by himself (didn't have the skills to solder the wires in). My questions (after looking at the OSD boards) are:

1. Has anyone else used this setup?
2. How long does it normally take DSLRpros to respond to emails (I sent two already)
3. How do you adjust the OSD (if possible) There is no operational documentation that I can find.
3. Why use Mini Arduino pro (Sparkfun.com) and the Minim OSD from Hobby King? I get that it's open source and people have made it work before but seriously?

I'm kind of disappointed in the overall product now that I've done some research on it.

Any thoughts?

-Dave

Hello all,

I just got finished installing the DSLRpros FPV Camera mod into one of my Inspire Aircraft and I am having problems with video SYNC to the long range diversity receiver Display. Seems to be a Black Pearl model but they slapped their Logo on it too. The OSD is not displaying in the proper position on the monitor so you can't really see what's going on with the telemetry coming from the I1. I was originally going to go with another cam and monitor setup but found this on Ebay NEW so I bought it. The seller stated that he couldn't install the kit by himself (didn't have the skills to solder the wires in). My questions (after looking at the OSD boards) are:

1. Has anyone else used this setup?
2. How long does it normally take DSLRpros to respond to emails (I sent two already)
3. How do you adjust the OSD (if possible) There is no operational documentation that I can find.
3. Why use Mini Arduino pro (Sparkfun.com) and the Minim OSD from Hobby King? I get that it's open source and people have made it work before but seriously?

I'm kind of disappointed in the overall product now that I've done some research on it.

Any thoughts?

-Dave

That is a super cheap build... Obviously its not "high quality" by any means but too each his own.

The OSD is APM MinimOSD, its literally $10.00 (not actually cutting edge). To change anything the OSD, you have to know how to configure Audrino board, along with a FTDI adapter!

However, here is the configurator tool if you know what you're doing: Here

You could have made a WAYYY better system / more function, for half the price with good FPV components.

Reactions: toofastdave
Hello all,

I just got finished installing the DSLRpros FPV Camera mod into one of my Inspire Aircraft and I am having problems with video SYNC to the long range diversity receiver Display.
-Dave

I'm baffled why you are posting this here and not emailing the peeps you purchased from. :confused::confused::confused:

That is a super cheap build... Obviously its not "high quality" by any means but too each his own.

The OSD is APM MinimOSD, its literally $10.00 (not actually cutting edge). To change anything the OSD, you have to know how to configure Audrino board, along with a FTDI adapter!

However, here is the configurator tool if you know what you're doing: Here

You could have made a WAYYY better system / more function, for half the price with good FPV components.

Thank you for the link. I don't have any Arduino experience and I figured that they had reverse engineered the pinouts for GPS and the other pertinent connections (I.e. telemetry, power connections etc) so it would be a plug and play type of deal. I am very interested in learning which items are best for making a better FPV system, I even had a bunch of items on my "to order" list from various places but I opted for this since they are supposed to be one of the experts in the field of Quad Mods...

I have been doing LOTS of research on FPV since this mod doesn't seem to want to work correctly... and if I can't get it to work I guess I'll go my own way and chalk it up as a loss.

Not really, my inspire is great and most things I buy off of eBay are new, so there normally isn't an issue... I suspect I would be having the same issue if I would have bought this item directly from DSLRPROS as everything that came with the FPV system I received was still new in its original packaging...

Reactions: Kauaigene

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide