Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DVR for Inspire

Reaction score
On the Phantom, if you want to DVR what you see on your FPV monitor (flight data + camera) you can connect a mini battery operated DVR to the monitor output (or some monitors have DVR built in).

There is no way to do anything like this with the Inspire since the DJI Pilot software adds all this data to the FPV. So I'm wondering if the DJI Pilot software has a feature that allows you to record what you see within the app? If not is there any way to record this so you can review it later? I'm specifically interested in doing this on Android.

TIA

On the Phantom, if you want to DVR what you see on your FPV monitor (flight data + camera) you can connect a mini battery operated DVR to the monitor output (or some monitors have DVR built in).

There is no way to do anything like this with the Inspire since the DJI Pilot software adds all this data to the FPV. So I'm wondering if the DJI Pilot software has a feature that allows you to record what you see within the app? If not is there any way to record this so you can review it later? I'm specifically interested in doing this on Android.

TIA
A quick search around the Inspire forum revealed this:
http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/recording-sessions.812/#post-15083

Reactions: sirnikolas
Use a screen recorder app, this will record everything you're seeing on your tablet.
My Navidia Shield has a native screen recorder already, on lollipop rom, which works very well. Even saves screen recording to the sd card

Enjoy life and be nice

Added this app to my iPad and it works great...except...
Trying to edit the files seems to be a nightmare. Although the files play fine in QT (meaning full screen capture and playback) when I import them into FCPRO 10 the top and bottom of the frames are cropped loosing the data display at the bottom. Anybody else tried this? Can't seem to figure out why or how to keep it from happening.

Added this app to my iPad and it works great...except...
Trying to edit the files seems to be a nightmare. Although the files play fine in QT (meaning full screen capture and playback) when I import them into FCPRO 10 the top and bottom of the frames are cropped loosing the data display at the bottom. Anybody else tried this? Can't seem to figure out why or how to keep it from happening.

Hi Kauaigene, when you say you added "this app" do you mean shou.tv? Are you having any issues with lag time between starting the broadcast and live stream beginning? Thanks!

Yes that's the app. Have not been using the live stream function or viewing that screen while flying. Just using it to record the iPad screen content to watch later. Very helpful for seeing things I miss live like loss of GPS and distance and altitude numbers.

The new app has a built in screen record function. It allows to record what the camera is seeing. Only bummer is it doesn't record the telemetry overlay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin