Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Early morning video with X5

I'm not trying to be awkward. You clearly have more experience in this area of cinematography than myself, so please, educate me. I say the X5 is far better than the X3, and you say it's 'funny' so please, enlighten me.
Don't worry about him. He only opens his mouth to change feet
I enjoyed your footage very much, thank you.

Reactions: howard rockliffe
Don't worry about him. He only opens his mouth to change feet
I enjoyed your footage very much, thank you.
:) in fairness, he was talking about my comment regarding my 'pixel peeping,' rather than a sarcastic comment about my opinions of the X5.

Hi Simon, you make a valid point about the X3 sharpening and being able to dial it down. However, regarding the mushiness you described in the trees, how do you know what bitrate the render was made at? Or indeed, any other settings that may have affected the 'look.' I have seen identical footage on Youtube of one of the release sample vids from DJI, each being uploaded from different sources, and one was horrific, while the other was stunning! As for sharpening in the above video, no, the camera was set at 0. However, I still have to run some tests and I will dial down the in-camera sharpening a notch or two and try tweaking in post.

The footage I examined that was posted here was direct from the camera. It hasn't been recompressed for YouTube or Vimeo, and hadn't been recompressed for upload. It's linked to in the First X5 footage from South Wales thread. There's the Vimeo version and then the OP links to a download for the original untouched footage that's requested.

The footage I examined that was posted here was direct from the camera. It hasn't been recompressed for YouTube or Vimeo, and hadn't been recompressed for upload. It's linked to in the First X5 footage from South Wales thread. There's the Vimeo version and then the OP links to a download for the original untouched footage that's requested.
I think it's always easier to find issues when looking for them,
Wonderful, is there a 4K 25 P ? I don't see it in the specifications on the web
Sure, 24p for NTSC and 25P for PAL.

Love it! Very atmospheric. Can I ask what camera settings you used and focus? Also what video editor are you using?
Hi Michael, sure, 0 setting for sharpness, contrast and saturation. Manual exposure and focus. ISO 200 I think form what I remember. Auto colour balance. Not shot in Dlog, but the next best thing !! (?) can't remember, none? Edited in Sony Vegas Platinum.

As I understand, the higher bitrate is only available when shooting RAW, not when shooting Mov or Mp4! Which seems odd, but that is what I have gleaned from Heliguy in the UK, two other cameramen and an admin on the DJI forum. As for the higher bitrate giving better detail, well in theory yes, but in practice this only become evident during quick moving shots. If the image is not moving then the data that needs to be transferred within the frame is minimal, however the faster that frame changes then the faster speed is needed to move the data around. I hope I've explained that well enough!
Hi Howard, I hope everything is well in your life. I was out of town this weekends, I replied this so late. Your explanation is very clear and educational, that's great since I learned more! I have decided to have the Inspire Pro instead waiting for the X5 RAW. I am not a professional photographer I think X5 will meet all the demand that I want, I still want my work to approach professional haha! Secondly, I believe the X5 RAW cost will be much higher than the X5 since X5 RAW has 512G SSD drive which is still very expensive. I will keep my new Inspire Pro and love it with all my heart.(Still in box and not open yet) ;)

Hi Howard, I hope everything is well in your life. I was out of town this weekends, I replied this so late. Your explanation is very clear and educational, that's great since I learned more! I have decided to have the Inspire Pro instead waiting for the X5 RAW. I am not a professional photographer I think X5 will meet all the demand that I want, I still want my work to approach professional haha! Secondly, I believe the X5 RAW cost will be much higher than the X5 since X5 RAW has 512G SSD drive which is still very expensive. I will keep my new Inspire Pro and love it with all my heart.(Still in box and not open yet) ;)
A good decision, as buying into the X5R for anyone who is not shooting hi-end material for TV, film, commercials and alike, IMO would be foolish. Unless of course money is no object and you enjoy headaches in post!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters