Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

EASA - Advance notice of new regulatory framework for the operation of drones

Reaction score
Just saw that EASA have released an advance notice document, focused around a new regulatory framework for drone operations (attached).

Its a 'thrilling' read as always with these documents, but may have serious implications for both recreational and commercial drone operators.

One of my friends interpretation of this was that; 'when the revolution comes (whenever that is) there will be no qualification required for drones up to 25kgs, commercial or not…'

Not sure what to make of that, but if it is that simple, then it might be a kick in the nuts for all those who have taken the time and money to go through the PFAW process. Would love to know everyone's thoughts on this.

EDIT: As Scotflieger pointed out, this applies to Europe only.

Attachments

• EASA A-NPA 2015-10 Drones.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Hmmmm.... I have just had a cursory glance (that's all I could stand to start off with).
I'm not going to lose too much sleep over this just yet.
This is Brussels we are talking about here. A Goliath Serpent that moves at glacial pace and is only really there to feed the egos of the cretins who sit round oak tables and drink their port whilst waisting hundreds of billions of tax payers money.
They are banding around dates of 2018 in this document which we know (as it's Brussels) means we can add probably six years to that date.
They will also need to legislate and insist certain technology is incorporated within a UAV by which time the technology will be out of date and moved onto something else.
Then of course, there's the French! The French won't agree with anything or anyone, not even themselves and they will want a specific set of rules drawn up written in French and made Nepoleonic law! :rolleyes:.
I believe there should be some good opportunities here for point scoring amongst themselves before they can agree on any weight categories and risk analysis.
I will probably be dead by the time they get to grips with what an Unmanned Aircraft Vehicle is......
Now, pass the Port, there's a good chap......

Hmmmm.... I have just had a cursory glance (that's all I could stand to start off with).
I'm not going to lose too much sleep over this just yet.
This is Brussels we are talking about here. A Goliath Serpent that moves at glacial pace and is only really there to feed the egos of the cretins who sit round oak tables and drink their port whilst waisting hundreds of billions of tax payers money.
They are banding around dates of 2018 in this document which we know (as it's Brussels) means we can add probably six years to that date.
They will also need to legislate and insist certain technology is incorporated within a UAV by which time the technology will be out of date and moved onto something else.
Then of course, there's the French! The French won't agree with anything or anyone, not even themselves and they will want a specific set of rules drawn up written in French and made Nepoleonic law! :rolleyes:.
I believe there should be some good opportunities here for point scoring amongst themselves before they can agree on any weight categories and risk analysis.
I will probably be dead by the time they get to grips with what an Unmanned Aircraft Vehicle is......
Now, pass the Port, there's a good chap......
Referring to a recent post of yours Mr The Editor..
You are quite right, at times you can be a tad sarcastic ;)

Reactions: LockMD
I agree on Citroen obstacles (is it a car?) :p

But actually law in EU countries are inpractible. Many countries have it forbidden but no one cares anyway like Slovakia, Hungary, Romania,.........

Other countries like Austria and Germany allow it but have restrictions I believe high court would wave in case.

Especially like without the purpose of filming you are allowed to fly over villages or smaller cities less 50.000 people AND 500/km² (there was just a high court decision in Austria that only over that is considered dense population where it is not allowed).

But with a camera filming you are not allowed. And it has nothgin to do with privacy reasons as you are not allowed to fly for any other purpose then flying itself. Obeying the law you are also not allowed helping somone to find his crashed drone. You can easily register the Inspire to be allowed to fly for filming or other purposes BUT they will only register it for flying over non populated areas. You would not be allowed to legally fly over a village.

I consider a law which distinguishes per flying purpose while for one purpose the same flight is legal but for an other purpose illegal against constitution and not valid. Especially as it has nothing to do with privacy concerns or security. Its like you would be allowed to use your car in the city only for visiting your mother and for any other purpose you have to stay out of the city. Thats rediculous and I wonder why no one until now has seen this. Probably no one takes care of such laws anyway.

Well as always the EU gangsters will spoil it completely:

EU drone legislation draft: (e.g. I-Drone shall take the form of an electronic chip that enforcement authorities must have easy access to).

I bet DJI will be the first to implement this enslavement. However will be a run on the last free drone with the last free firmware without a heavy bunch of geofences and government control chip.

— Drones operating in the ‘limited-drone zones’ shall have active identification and up-to-date geofencing capability enabled.
— For any operation over 50 m above ground, the pilot needs to have basic aviation awareness.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips