Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Epsom glasses

Yes but it is fiddly. You need to pair it with a tablet that uses a Miracast and cast the screen onto the epson Moverio. Don't know what lag is like..

The Inspire app won't run on them, android version too old. Airplay with iPad "kinda" works (need Assistive Touch active on iPad, there's about 1 second delay and it sometimes hangs). Never managed to connect either of my android devices for screencast, maybe too much difference in the function between my devices (on 5.0) and Moverio (4.0.4).

Thank you Kilrah... I am using IOS with airpadair 2 , so perhaps could even work, but 1 sec lag , not ideal !! Are you saying the ipad lets you airplay screen to the mover ?? I thought airplay would only play on an apple tv?!
I like the moverio due to the presumed ability (never tried them!!) to see both FPV as well as drone and surroundings at the same time through the transparent portion of the lenses. Since you have these , can you tell me how ell you see the built in monitors ? what about in sunlight ?

I searched the internet a bit and found out the way this would work. You need the "optionals wireless adapter" which by the way needs to be powered separately with AC power supply. Not a nice solution. Better off with other glasses. are aware of any other ones which have a see through section in the lenses ??

I just got Fatshark Dominators which work perfectly with the Inspire. A few folks on here have said they find them blurry around the edges but I think they're perfectly acceptable. I upgraded from Fatshark Predators so the Dominators are great by comparison.

Thanks. I like the transparency factor of the mover which would enable you to sort of see the drone , operate the tablet as well as the FPV image. I did in the meantime inquire about compatibility with the inspire directly with Epson, who confirmed they are not, but that they are working with DJI to make them compatible, but also said it is not likely going to happen in near future !

If someone over at XDA can figure out how to install a newer version of android on them, the app should work. The glasses can be rooted and the play store installed quite easily - the only hangup now is the android version :(

Yes I've got root and play store on mine, but nobody seems to have even started looking into porting a newer version. Might not be powerful enough to run the app well either.

And from prior experience with other FPV equipment it's not easy to concentrate on both the aircraft and the image, it's still one or the other but bad in both cases due to the distraction the other causes.
I prefer switching between normal view and totally immersive goggles.

Yes I've got root and play store on mine, but nobody seems to have even started looking into porting a newer version. Might not be powerful enough to run the app well either.

And from prior experience with other FPV equipment it's not easy to concentrate on both the aircraft and the image, it's still one or the other but bad in both cases due to the distraction the other causes.
I prefer switching between normal view and totally immersive goggles.

So do you think something like the zeiss cinemizers are a better bet for the l1? I can see the benefit of having the transparent goggles for safety but it makes sense you wouldn't be able to focus on one or the other if you can see them both.

Do the epson's allow for single eye viewing? so i one eye you have the camera feed and the other completely transparent?

Do the epson's allow for single eye viewing? so i one eye you have the camera feed and the other completely transparent?
No, the whole point about them is precisely that they're the only ones at the moment to have binocular vision.

That's really meant for augmented reality applications. You don't typically display a full image over the entire screen like a movie, you rather display minimally disturbing little bits of info on top/next to the real thing you see through the glasses.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop