Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

ExFAT and fragmented ProRes files on SSD

Reaction score
Website
vimeopro.com
Have been chasing dji again about exFAT formatting of SSD drives so we can get rid of the 4gb blocks for files each in their own folder. Despite this being a 'coming soon' feature on the original brochure, dji still say there is nothing in the pipeline.

Do any of you guys have the programming skills to merge the fragmented files and move them up a directory level?

Sony used to provide a utility to do this. I tried it, but it can't handle MOV ProRes.

Can't answer the question on merging fragmenting files but exFAT finally has a timeline which DJI released during NAB earlier in the month.

DJI Updates Zenmuse X7 Camera With Support For Apple ProRes RAW

Faster and Lighter Workflow
A lighter and more agile data processing system makes the Zenmuse X7 easier to implement into the set as a valuable tool. As resolution and duration of recording increases the overall file sizes created, the Zenmuse X7 data system has been adapted to manage and process this information more efficiently utilizing the exFAT file system. The newly added format allows larger recordings of up to 32GB to be saved in one single file, streamlining the workflow by eliminating the need to merge smaller files in post processing. The exFAT format not only improves data management but also offers a wider compatibility among macOS and Windows operating systems.

Availability
The first firmware update offers 14-bit CinemaDNG recording and will be available in late April 2018. A second firmware update offering Apple ProRes RAW support and the newly added exFAT file system will be available in late May 2018. Both firmware updates are free as a download through DJI Assistant 2 or the DJI Go 4 mobile app, while the 14-bit CinemaDNG and ProRes RAW capabilities are only available to those with a CinemaDNG license.

Can't answer the question on merging fragmenting files but exFAT finally has a timeline which DJI released during NAB earlier in the month.

DJI Updates Zenmuse X7 Camera With Support For Apple ProRes RAW

Faster and Lighter Workflow
A lighter and more agile data processing system makes the Zenmuse X7 easier to implement into the set as a valuable tool. As resolution and duration of recording increases the overall file sizes created, the Zenmuse X7 data system has been adapted to manage and process this information more efficiently utilizing the exFAT file system. The newly added format allows larger recordings of up to 32GB to be saved in one single file, streamlining the workflow by eliminating the need to merge smaller files in post processing. The exFAT format not only improves data management but also offers a wider compatibility among macOS and Windows operating systems.

Availability
The first firmware update offers 14-bit CinemaDNG recording and will be available in late April 2018. A second firmware update offering Apple ProRes RAW support and the newly added exFAT file system will be available in late May 2018. Both firmware updates are free as a download through DJI Assistant 2 or the DJI Go 4 mobile app, while the 14-bit CinemaDNG and ProRes RAW capabilities are only available to those with a CinemaDNG license.

Has this first update happened yet?

I have both the CinemaDNG and ProRes license and a SSD installed.
Matthew, if you are shooting either ProRes or RAW, you have these settings. You can access them by clicking the settings button under your shutter button. If you are unable to access the SSD settings, then either your license is not working (I've heard of this) or your SSD is not installed.

From what I understand what happens to you, is that it has fragmented videos, if I'm not mistaken, it also happens to me, I have different files at most with 16s of recording. On the other hand, when I start recording in CrystalSky, the seconds run in both the SD and the SSD and the capacity of the SSD and the SD are reduced, I also have an Apple license Could it happen to me that you mention your exFat? or it is a different thing. If you can help me, I'll appreciate it. Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa