Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FAA Registration

I guess my question is if I already have an N Number and I'm waiting on my 333 approval, do I still have to register with the FAA again using this new system?

Do you fly any copters that will not be listed on your 333 exemption? If so register, one registration will cover all your copters for recreational uses.

I guess my question is if I already have an N Number and I'm waiting on my 333 approval, do I still have to register with the FAA again using this new system?
No. the FAQ says this only applies to hobbyists/recreational used. Also, this system only works for individuals. It does not work for businesses/companies.

Yeah that's a great question. I'm sure it'll be so,e time before they figure out all those kinda situations haha. I haven't looked into getting a 333 yet so I'm new to that. About to pick up an inspire and want to make some money with it so I better look into that. Any good place to start with that process?

A 211 page document.... Surprise , Surprise. Make it so complicated people will never read the actual rules in their entirety. I guess we will just have to go by the summary because I am not reading all of that.
Actually most of the 211 page summary is mandatory findings review discussing how they came to their conclusions, estimated burden on the public and government in money and time, and how to apply the code to the CFRs. Really the last few pages where it discusses the new applicable CFRs starting on page 198 is where the meat is.

Actually most of the 211 page summary is mandatory findings review discussing how they came to their conclusions, estimated burden on the public and government in money and time, and how to apply the code to the CFRs. Really the last few pages where it discusses the new applicable CFRs starting on page 198 is where the meat is.

Thanks for pointing that out, Cap!

No. the FAQ says this only applies to hobbyists/recreational used. Also, this system only works for individuals. It does not work for businesses/companies.

It's also not for governmental agencies, e.g., police departments, etc.

Joola - Actually if you are a business, you need a company representative who will take the assignment for the sUAS that they own. Read the registration section as it states:
"

(1) Applicant name and, for an applicant other than an individual, the name of the authorized representative applying for a Certificate of Aircraft Registration

(2) Applicant’s physical address and, for an applicant other than an individual, the physical address for the authorized representative. If the applicant or authorized representative does not receive mail at their physical address, a mailing address must also be provided.

(3) Applicant’s e-mail address or, for applicants other than individuals, the e-mail address of the authorized representative.

"

Hope this helps.

Joola - Actually if you are a business, you need a company representative who will take the assignment for the sUAS that they own. Read the registration section as it states:
"

(1) Applicant name and, for an applicant other than an individual, the name of the authorized representative applying for a Certificate of Aircraft Registration

(2) Applicant’s physical address and, for an applicant other than an individual, the physical address for the authorized representative. If the applicant or authorized representative does not receive mail at their physical address, a mailing address must also be provided.

(3) Applicant’s e-mail address or, for applicants other than individuals, the e-mail address of the authorized representative.

"

Hope this helps.

Hans, I think Joola meant that the online registration system is only available to hobbyists and individuals needing to register. Businesses and government entities must still use the paper-based system to register.

Hans, I think Joola meant that the online registration system is only available to hobbyists and individuals needing to register. Businesses and government entities must still use the paper-based system to register.
Thanks, I guess I should have quoted the FAQ I referenced to avoid any confusion. The registration process that this thread is discussing is only for individual hobbyist/recreational operators at this time. The FAQ also states that they hope to implement a process for businesses to register in the future. Relevant sections below:

Q. Is the registration process different if you're a business versus a person?
A. The new system does not yet support registration of small UAS used in connection with a business. It will in the future. In the meantime, these entities must continue to register using the paper-based process.

Q. Who must continue to register unmanned aircraft using the current paper-based Aircraft Registration System?
A. Any types of entities other than individual hobbyists (corporations, co-ownerships, partnerships, non-citizen corporations, and government), any small unmanned aircraft operating commercially or for reasons other than recreational or hobby, anyone wanting to operate outside the U.S., anyone with a UAS weighing 55 pounds or more and anyone wanting to record a lease or security interest must continue to register under the paper-based system at this time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207