Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Filming Dancers with a long lens at 2500m for a Music Video

Filming with a long lens can be very difficult especially in cold conditions at 2500m. This is only possible with dual operation and great piloting skills, thanks Max for putting up with me!
Thanks to Ro Bergman for letting us use the footage.
Excellent!! I guess it was shot with X7? The color grading is also amazing !! I have to say that I personally prefer the grading in your clip over the grading in the official music video for his song Animal.

Last edited:
Excellent!! I guess it was shot with X7? The color grading is also amazing !! I have to say that I personally prefer the grading in your clip over the grading in the official music video for his song Animal.
Thanks very much..yes the X7 is great and it grades up lovely..looks like they had a difficulty matching the RED Komodo to our footage.

Thanks very much..yes the X7 is great and it grades up lovely..looks like they had a difficulty matching the RED Komodo to our footage.
Not at all! You have done great job in what looks like a challenging environment and conditions!
X7 delivers very beautiful colors and unique look. The footage taken with this camera has a distinct recognizable look and if graded well it is truly amazing. Your video is testimony to that.
Again, to me it is pitty that the Animal video was graded differently. It adds perhaps a bit more drama and that's what the AD or DP might have wanted for this music video but to me it has taken away from the amazing colors and sheer purity seen in your version.
Amazing stuff one way or another. Keep up the great work!!

Last edited:
This was awesome! What focal length were you at when you refer to shooting long lens?

This was awesome! What focal length were you at when you refer to shooting long lens?
As far as I know there is only one "long" lens available for X7, the 50mm which is equivalent to 75mm on FF camera. Not really that long in true sense of the word but enough to squash the perspective and play a bit with depth of field, as seen in some of the shots. Most of the drones these days use wide angle cameras between 24 and 28mm on FF, so having 75mm offers very different perspective indeed, hence they called it long lens, I suppose.

Reactions: flux
As far as I know there is only one "long" lens available for X7, the 50mm which is equivalent to 75mm on FF camera. Not really that long in true sense of the word but enough to squash the perspective and play a bit with depth of field, as seen in some of the shots.
Ahh right, i was thinking of the X5s for some reason and that he might have had something beyond a 50! The compression was perfect for these scenes for all that juicy parallax they had going on!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool