Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Filming with no arms on i2?

Nice work!

I use my I2 in the air, in hand, and on a tripod when filming weddings along with the g85 on a Zhiyun-Tech Crane v2. I have the osmo+, but it is not good in low light.

I would love to have dji release the osmo handle for it, but until then I am carrying an i2 around with the camera.

Reactions: Black Sky
Nice work!

I use my I2 in the air, in hand, and on a tripod when filming weddings along with the g85 on a Zhiyun-Tech Crane v2. I have the osmo+, but it is not good in low light.

I would love to have dji release the osmo handle for it, but until then I am carrying an i2 around with the camera.
Agreed ringolong! My I2 a gh5 and my canon glass and I’m out the door and can do anything.

I still think it's a massive over Expense if you are not going to fly with it. The Panasonic GH5 can shoot prores internally at 8 bit and external at 10 bit. When using a stabiliser it's a lot lot less cumbersome than holding a cannibalise inspire 2.

Agreed on the ergonomics!! It can be a nightmare. That said as a professional color grader the raw dng sequences have far more latitude then my GH5 even shooting at 400mbs. And I think you have to consider all of the other features that you would not get with just a dslr. No to mention that I f he doesn’t rip the thing apart (I could never bring myself to do it) he has one hell of an aerial platform on his hand. That said and to your point if I could only grab one piece of gear for virtually any gig, it would be the GH5 and the stabilized 12-35mm (basically a 24 - 70mm) lens.

Apples and oranges my friend. There is nothing on the market even close to that price range that has what the I2 has for an independent filmmaker or video professional. Think about it for the money you get a fantastic camera that can be held, mounted on a tripod or the hood of a car, it comes with one of the finest stabilization systems that I have ever used, every setting on the camera can be operated remotely, you get wireless camera control of tilt and pan, you can pull focus remotely, no cables are needed for your video monitors. And speaking of video monitors if you have virtually any smart device made you don’t need to buy a high res monitor, and the there’s the fact that it shoots 422 and 4444XQ not to mention unlike any camera on the market in its price range it shoots a raw format that rivals an ARRI ALEXA mini. Oh yea and, I heard it can even fly!! Seriously, all that for only $6,000? A bargain if you ask me. If DJI can figure out how to build an Osmo that is compatible with the x5s and the SSD system, I am selling my other cameras.

My 2 cents...
Building my own custom version now. We have one inspire 2 and are purchasing another to build a custom rig.

Very cool Black Sky. Please kep me posted. I stand by everthing I said above!
Yea I have a whole different idea than the rest but I custom build gear all the time. Just think we get to use all of the lenses and in 6k raw.....our thought is it’s an awesome stepping stone until we get a RED Weapon. On another note to the rest ,I have a gh5s, a nikon d500 both on a crane and DJI ronin s and still want this rig. I will use a ronin 2 external battery mount in a belt pack to make it lighter.i will take pics as I go over the next few weeks. Should have it done and working in three weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkaur