Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Final input on best settings for X5?

Reaction score
I haven't been around lately and I was wondering if we ever reached a conclusion on the best video settings for the X5? A quick search didn't provide much of a consensus.
Anyone know what are the best practices are now? Is D-log still crap?
Thanks for your help!

I haven't been around lately and I was wondering if we ever reached a conclusion on the best video settings for the X5? A quick search didn't provide much of a consensus.
Anyone know what are the best practices are now? Is D-log still crap?
Thanks for your help!
My conclusion from reading pages and pages about Settings is there isn't a best. Everybody uses different settings it seems,some say one thing is best while others say what is best. Use what works best for you under the conditions you are shooting in but stick to the basic rules of thumb for shooting video.

My advice is just try what you need per assignment. Trial and error is a proven strategy.
I have tried all the D-Log and LUT's but found that I can do most just in Color Central.
Bottom line.... it all depends on the task.

I always do basic color correction.

Color profile: none
Contrast: -1

Contrast at -1 or even -2 sometimes so that you don't cut off any of the histogram. I never had as good results with dlog. Too unsaturated and I never get the colors to come out right. Probably because I'm not the greatest at in depth color grading
The rest is more personal preference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc