Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware Update 1.2.1 - ESCs making a lot of noise

Reaction score
I've been able to update 2 of my Inspires to 1.2.1 without any issues.

However my third one gave me a weird issue. I've linked a youtube video so you can see/hear what's going on.

The sounds it made went on for the entire 20 mins it took for the update to complete. I finally heard the D--DD from the camera meaning updated was successful and when I checked the log file it also said "success".

As you can hear in the video, the camera is still making the standard DDDD sounds while performing the update. It's the very loud beeping that is coming from the ESCs that I've never hear before.

I just wanted to find out if anybody else had this loud beeping from the ESCs when performing the update.

Error....nope. Not heard that one before.
The sound is actually coming from the motor bell housing and it's the esc's that are driving them at low frequency to act like loudspeakers (the same as they do when you hear your startup tones when you power up the Inspire - It's the motors making those tones :)).
Having said that, the latest firmware did not change the esc's (from memory) so providing you do not get any error messages AFTER upgrade I would not be overly concerned about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84