Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware Update Protection

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
People Might already know this, But I thought I would say something just in case. I know there is not way to turn off the Updating Firmware to protect yourself from bad updates.

I found that if you turn OFF your wireless on your touch pads, not letting it search new updates your able to fly normally. If i'm mistaken please let me know. I think that DJI should allow the end user to use a comfortable or stable firmware until bugs are worked out in any new firmware. It is only fair since we have a size-able investment into this product, or should be given stock into the company if proven that firmware upgrade was the result of a crash. :p Until "DJI" turns from a Private comp into a Stock company...

...I saw this on a Market Watch forum:

Stocks to watch for...
(((( This is just something to look at. I'm NOT a Broker nor trying to sell anyone anything. I thought it was interesting. I'm thinking of putting the same amount of money into stocks as I put into this roulette white bird. )))

IXYS Corp. IXYS . A company that supplies power controllers and other power chipsets that every robot, drone and wearable sold will need. The common denominator of all electronic devices, drones and robots is that they need power. Controlling that power efficiently is obviously going to be a huge factor in making drones, robots and wearables cheap enough to operate in a power-starved world. Solar-powered units that don’t need recharging still need power chips.

Ambarella AMBA makes chipsets and software that record and transmit/upload HD video. The company’s system-on-a-chip designs integrated HD video, image, and audio processing onto a single chip for delivering video and image quality, differentiated functionality, features, etc.

InvenSense INVN , which, makes and sells micro-electro-mechanical system (MEMS) gyroscopes for motion tracking devices for all kinds of applications including smartphones, tablets … and drones. Drone growth, again, will be huge over the next five to 10 years and this is a company that is likely to have a component or two in many of the drones that will be sold and developed.

Anyway, food for thought. I thought that this way, protect yourself from a bad update, and not allow the device to know. A good question would be...

Is there a way to roll back the firmware on the APP is need be? I know its easy to roll the controllers and the drone back, just save the last firmware, but its the DJI Pilot App I'm concerned about. So until then, I will leave my tablet off line.

Any thoughts?

Laterz..

People Might already know this, But I thought I would say something just in case. I know there is not way to turn off the Updating Firmware to protect yourself from bad updates.

I found that if you turn OFF your wireless on your touch pads, not letting it search new updates your able to fly normally. If i'm mistaken please let me know. I think that DJI should allow the end user to use a comfortable or stable firmware until bugs are worked out in any new firmware. It is only fair since we have a size-able investment into this product, or should be given stock into the company if proven that firmware upgrade was the result of a crash. :p Until "DJI" turns from a Private comp into a Stock company...

...I saw this on a Market Watch forum:

Stocks to watch for...
(((( This is just something to look at. I'm NOT a Broker nor trying to sell anyone anything. I thought it was interesting. I'm thinking of putting the same amount of money into stocks as I put into this roulette white bird. )))

IXYS Corp. IXYS . A company that supplies power controllers and other power chipsets that every robot, drone and wearable sold will need. The common denominator of all electronic devices, drones and robots is that they need power. Controlling that power efficiently is obviously going to be a huge factor in making drones, robots and wearables cheap enough to operate in a power-starved world. Solar-powered units that don’t need recharging still need power chips.

Ambarella AMBA makes chipsets and software that record and transmit/upload HD video. The company’s system-on-a-chip designs integrated HD video, image, and audio processing onto a single chip for delivering video and image quality, differentiated functionality, features, etc.

InvenSense INVN , which, makes and sells micro-electro-mechanical system (MEMS) gyroscopes for motion tracking devices for all kinds of applications including smartphones, tablets … and drones. Drone growth, again, will be huge over the next five to 10 years and this is a company that is likely to have a component or two in many of the drones that will be sold and developed.

Anyway, food for thought. I thought that this way, protect yourself from a bad update, and not allow the device to know. A good question would be...

Is there a way to roll back the firmware on the APP is need be? I know its easy to roll the controllers and the drone back, just save the last firmware, but its the DJI Pilot App I'm concerned about. So until then, I will leave my tablet off line.

Any thoughts?

Laterz..
Unfortunately your theory will not work.
You can prevent the app from connecting to the internet but after an 'undetermined' time the app will want permission to make sure there are no updates available for safety reasons.

There is also no way for the end user to roll back versions of firmware for either the aircraft or the remote control, whether you have kept the files or not.

Yeah, that was my fear. What about... When it does ask, roll back the time. Turn OFF the Auto Set Date feature on your tablet, and manually change the date back 3 months... hahaha

Yeah, that was my fear. What about... When it does ask, roll back the time. Turn OFF the Auto Set Date feature on your tablet, and manually change the date back 3 months... hahaha
It would reset again from your GPS data.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84