Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware v IMU + Freezer

Reaction score
Website
www.jjbinspectiondrones.com
Hi Jimmy B here!
I have been reading the issues with Firmware updates and after they update it never work right again. sigh!
I in the past I had issues until I learned that when you complete a firmware update
You need to reset the IMU.
After I learned that I have not had any Issues at all
I get the best results is just after you update the Firmware you need to cool down the onboard CPU to reset the IMU due to the fact the internal sensors on the drone are hot if you don't you can get false or conflicting issues and will make the drone act weird or crash or a flyaway.

It's like if you get a hard punched in the face and go play with the kids
You and I of Corse will need to cool down and shake it off.
The Drone is just like that in an electronic sort of way so it needs to cool off then set the IMU
I put mine in the freezer after I removed the Batt and Camera but you should not remove the camera on the phantom so the batt is fine.
And keep it in for about 5 minutes or so too cool it down and when you set the IMU make sure ti is completely level.
I use my IPhone level app to make sure
Doing this I get fast start up times and better response
Never fails
What do you guys think?

Hi Jimmy B here!
I have been reading the issues with Firmware updates and after they update it never work right again. sigh!
I in the past I had issues until I learned that when you complete a firmware update
You need to reset the IMU.
After I learned that I have not had any Issues at all
I get the best results is just after you update the Firmware you need to cool down the onboard CPU to reset the IMU due to the fact the internal sensors on the drone are hot if you don't you can get false or conflicting issues and will make the drone act weird or crash or a flyaway.

It's like if you get a hard punched in the face and go play with the kids
You and I of Corse will need to cool down and shake it off.
The Drone is just like that in an electronic sort of way so it needs to cool off then set the IMU
I put mine in the freezer after I removed the Batt and Camera but you should not remove the camera on the phantom so the batt is fine.
And keep it in for about 5 minutes or so too cool it down and when you set the IMU make sure ti is completely level.
I use my IPhone level app to make sure
Doing this I get fast start up times and better response
Never fails
What do you guys think?
Yes thank you - this has been covered many times before on the forum. :)
The IMU does not need to be put in the freezer (in fact that can take it out of spec temp) but rather just allowed to cool completely down and calibrate as soon as you turn the aircraft on.

With the latest scare related to default motor protection I make a point of doing a very exhaustive preflight check list as well as doing a 2 minute hover just after takeoff and looking at the individual cells and overall battery condition. Too many people posting "falling out of the sky" incidents lately...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg