Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

First flight.

Reaction score
Made its first flight today will post more pics and video later.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: unclejas
Made its first flight today will post more pics and video later.

That's a great screen shot. Looking forward to your video and stills post. Happy flying, mine comes tomorrow, but it won't be flying for a while: in MN it's -10 F windchill :eek:

That location looks like OR or CA Hwy 1. Been up and down that road a few times on my MC. :D

Here you go guys there is no editing done straight from the camera. Im pretty happy with the quality. its pretty close to the hero4 black and in some ways allot better. this was shot @ 1080p @ 60fps enjoy . oh also any jerky movements you see from panning are from me still getting used to the operation of everything. the footage is rock solid imo. I have pictures as well ill post later

Here you go guys there is no editing done straight from the camera. Im pretty happy with the quality. its pretty close to the hero4 black and in some ways allot better. this was shot @ 1080p @ 60fps enjoy . oh also any jerky movements you see from panning are from me still getting used to the operation of everything. the footage is rock solid imo. I have pictures as well ill post later

Holy S#!t, that is some sweet footage. When you're hovering. it looks like it's sitting on a tripod (no discernible movement at all!).

Do you mind if I re-post this on RC Groups Inspire forum? Looks like 1080p60fps is not a bad format at all, especially for Vimeo. What NLE did you use to render this footage? And what import/export settings? Also, what camera settings for exposure, ISO, style, etc.

Thanks yea Im pretty happy with the outcome yea feel free to repost it. I wanted to get more footage but just about the time the lighting was finally right my batteries we're dead :( still a great first flight. oh one more thing so in the midst of flying and being excited i didn't realize until the end that i never retracted the arms so this was in the down position. did this help hurt make no difrrence not sure ? just thought id throw it out there

Last edited:
Position of the arms wouldn't make much difference if you were in follow mode. That was real Hero light, though. The camera seemed to handle it pretty well, with the shadows still retaining some detail while not blowing out too many highlights. Dish on the post, though. Color grading, WB, camera settings. Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

Position of the arms wouldn't make much difference if you were in follow mode. That was real Hero light, though. The camera seemed to handle it pretty well, with the shadows still retaining some detail while not blowing out too many highlights. Dish on the post, though. Color grading, WB, camera settings. Inquiring minds want to know. ;)
I promise you there is zero post. Look at my screen shot above those were the only settings used. Trust me I'm as surprised as you guys I will say don't use the automatic setting of the camera in that lighting.it gets straight blown out. I will do sunset video in the same location today for comparison.

I promise you there is zero post. Look at my screen shot above those were the only settings used. Trust me I'm as surprised as you guys I will say don't use the automatic setting of the camera in that lighting.it gets straight blown out. I will do sunset video in the same location today for comparison.

So you did have manual control of exposure, right? And set it what EV? Obviously a bit underexposed while facing away from the sun, then looking gorgeous in that light as you pan into the sun. What was the ISO? WB setting? Did you use LOG or another color mode? What style setting?

And I'm still trying to figure out that location. It has to be either OR or Northern CA, right?

So you did have manual control of exposure, right? And set it what EV? Obviously a bit underexposed while facing away from the sun, then looking gorgeous in that light as you pan into the sun. What was the ISO? WB setting? Did you use LOG or another color mode? What style setting?

And I'm still trying to figure out that location. It has to be either OR or Northern CA, right?
Yep its crystal Cove in newport beach so cal. as for settings trial and error will the inspire log camera settings ? color mode was vivid iso 200. I really was going off the look on the iPad trying to match what it looked like outside. its pretty darn close. I went and shot tonight in direct sunlight manual control is so nice and a must as direct sunlight just gets blown out.

Yep its crystal Cove in newport beach so cal. as for settings trial and error will the inspire log camera settings ? color mode was vivid iso 200. I really was going off the look on the iPad trying to match what it looked like outside. its pretty darn close. I went and shot tonight in direct sunlight manual control is so nice and a must as direct sunlight just gets blown out.

I meant Log, as in Logarithmic, which is a flat color mode that is now selectable in the app. Since that is like Protune for the GoPro and a very flat pale look out of the card, that is why I assumed you color graded the footage to get those rich warm colors. But you used Vivid, hmmm? Sure looked good. :cool:

BTW, there is a recordable flight log. Check the User mode of the app. It records all your flights and you can send the log to the Cloud to store it. :)

see my lack of pro abilities should show you I didn't edit it lol. I have seen the log mode and others Vivid was the choice this morning with manual control. video from tonights sunset was similar with similar color results as well. the camera def seems to like rising light better then fading light. I don't even know if there is a benefit to shoot in 4k at this point. 1080 at 60 seems to be pretty good.

Thanks for the info on the flight log thought there was one just didn't know much about it. the cloud service was down all day so i couldn't even log into it.

see my lack of pro abilities should show you I didn't edit it lol. I have seen the log mode and others Vivid was the choice this morning with manual control. video from tonights sunset was similar with similar color results as well. the camera def seems to like rising light better then fading light. I don't even know if there is a benefit to shoot in 4k at this point. 1080 at 60 seems to be pretty good.

Thanks for the info on the flight log thought there was one just didn't know much about it. the cloud service was down all day so i couldn't even log into it.

Happy, safe flying. I get mine today, so I'm stoked. Different weather here in MN, though. :eek:

Reactions: Ultra310x
A picture from this morning. Only adjustment made were on the controller nothing in post.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 20
Video From this morning. I tend to test in the same places to dial settings in

you can see some slight stutter in places. its from the video editor the raw files don't show any at all. there was no color correction done in post everything done in the app during flight.

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop