Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Fitting a Zenmuse X5 Camera to an Inspire 1 With a Zenmuse X3 Camera Fitted

Reaction score
What is required to fit a Zenmuse X5 camera to an Inspire 1 that has an X3 fitting. I am aware that the gimbal support frames are different. Is the gimbal connection point different? Does the Zenmuse X5 use the same Firmware and version? I have read/seen that FW version WM610_FW_V01.08.01.00 is the best one to operate your Inspire 1 with as versions 09, 10 and 11 affect Signal Transmission and camera output. What are people's experience of this?

An Inspire 1 can be fitted with an X5 'vibration absorbing board' and be the equivalent of an Inspire 1 V2. It will work with the X5, but not an X5S or later ZenMuse.

It's not a hard upgrade, requires taking the nose off, removing the old anti-vibe board, running a very skinny wire through a skinny wireway, and snicking a couple of very small connectors in place.

I've done it a couple of times, a couple years back, X5 works fine without any other mods except the new anti-vibe board. It's physically larger, spread out more, and has an extra little catch at the rear to help support the much larger X5.

I think this is now about twice what I paid for it way back when: Anti-Vibe Board at Amazon

I actually have an Inspire 1 V2 so without looking yet, it must have the required anti-vibe board attached. From memory it is different from the I1 I am looking to sell. I will check. Appreciate your reply. Thanks Martin

What is required to fit a Zenmuse X5 camera to an Inspire 1 that has an X3 fitting. I am aware that the gimbal support frames are different. Is the gimbal connection point different? Does the Zenmuse X5 use the same Firmware and version? I have read/seen that FW version WM610_FW_V01.08.01.00 is the best one to operate your Inspire 1 with as versions 09, 10 and 11 affect Signal Transmission and camera output. What are people's experience of this?
You just need the X5 board to mount the gimbal. Pretty easy install. Upside is you will still be able to hang an X3 on the X5 board so you can use whichever camera you want. I have an I1 v2 and an I1 v1 that's been converted and use the X3 when I can and the X5 when I care more about image quality. The X5 is a lot heavier (and pricier) so I only fly it when it's warranted.

Just thought of something to check.
You may need to fit leg extensions so the X5 does not touch the ground.
When I upgraded from Inspire 1 to the Pro it is definitely higher off the ground, and it also has larger motors to lift the extra weight.
Having said that I would not condemn converting Inspire 1 to accept an X5 camera.

Reactions: Mixchief
without the "stilleto heels" the camera will touch the ground upon landing, they do not like that at all

Just thought of something to check.
You may need to fit leg extensions so the X5 does not touch the ground.
When I upgraded from Inspire 1 to the Pro it is definitely higher off the ground, and it also has larger motors to lift the extra weight.
Having said that I would not condemn converting Inspire 1 to accept an X5 camera.
you are correct but if he has a v2 it probably already has them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips