Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

flew an inspire today.

Reaction score
Thanke to fiizviic i was able to join Barry blanchard and her at the flying field in Petaluma to fly his beta version Inspire1.
Barry was gracious enough to let Robyn and i fly the inspire and he gace us a demo of the s-1000 as well.
One really nice feature i will share is that if you touch the screen you can do instant spot metering. This is so great to adjust your exposure really quickly by just tapping the screen if you notice the image looks too bright etc.
I feel very greatful to have been included in this.
i felt very comfortable flying the inspire after only a minute or two.
the fpv system and speed and ease of use combined with the ssfety features made it easy for me to do a fairly long fpv flight and the low battery warning came on at15%.
At that point Barry had me simply hit the land icon on the screen and the inspire headed for home and auto landed.
Fast,easy to fly,awesome features and seems to be a high quality build.
I can honestly say i felt more comfortable flying it than the p 1with fpv system.
Thanks to Barry and Robyn for opportunity.20141228_143933.jpg20141228_150107-1.jpg20141228_143933.jpg 20141228_150107-1.jpg

Awesome ! Thanks for sharing .
On a good note , I was just told by a dji us employee that the first units have arrived

Reactions: Artur H
I did not fly the 1000 but I will say that Barry's comment was that the s_1000 was his top choice to fly.
What can I say,the inspire might be more fun to play with,but the 1000 is a pro platform with options and quality the inspire can't touch and it has tons of power and other battery options etc.
Like a sports car vs a luxury car.

Yeah, I get that, thanks. The biggest thing for me is the extra weight with those. I would love to hear updates on how your Inspire works for you, and I bet many others here would too.

I may stick with the Phantom for now (it's half the weight of the Inspire), but I'm still on the fence. I just had a Fly-away-never-to-be-seen again, so I'm starting (almost) from Scratch.

I have heard rumors that DJI will make an inspire with a GoPro Gimbal. Or maybe it ouwld replace the gimbal in the existing Inspire.That would be interesting. Of course, that may be an un-founded rumor (though I did hear it from a dealer)

I did not fly the 1000 but I will say that Barry's comment was that the s_1000 was his top choice to fly.
What can I say,the inspire might be more fun to play with,but the 1000 is a pro platform with options and quality the inspire can't touch and it has tons of power and other battery options etc.
Like a sports car vs a luxury car.
Hi thumpn, I live in Petaluma, I'm an ama member, but mostly fly on my own. Where is "the flying field". Is that out stony point way where the dirt bike track/ rc car track is? I'm also a videographer, and I have a 2 controller I1 here soon...

Hi thumpn, I live in Petaluma, I'm an ama member, but mostly fly on my own. Where is "the flying field". Is that out stony point way where the dirt bike track/ rc car track is? I'm also a videographer, and I have a 2 controller I1 here soon...

Yes,that's the place. You may have met Robyn who is a member also?
She is an old friend and we do photography together.
Are you a member?

I'm an ama member, but is that a club? Never been out there, and are they taking new members if so?

Ok, cool, thanks. I mostly fly to film, so I probably won't contact them, it's not like there aren't a zillion great places to fly around here, thanks, Cheers!

Ok, cool, thanks. I mostly fly to film, so I probably won't contact them, it's not like there aren't a zillion great places to fly around here, thanks, Cheers!

yeah,she is right,i think the cap is 75 and they are there now from what i heard and have a waiting list.
no biggie..it is a good place to test out gear and practice,but i will be doing video and stills elsewhere for sure..soon i hope.
maybe we should start an inspire flyers meet-up group locally. i am an organizer for santa rosa motorcycle riders and we started with only two and now have over 200. that would be nice to be able to meet face to face and share info as well as have other people to fly with as well.
anyone interested let me know.

Sounds good, I know I will want someone to help try out dual op mode. Collaborating on dual op shoots is of interest to me also. Hurry up and wait...

If i get three more interested i will start a meetup group.
it cost money to start in and maintain a group so i will see how it goes.
One way or another i think this will happen and be a good group.
I just wish i had some idea of when i will get mine..geez.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips